Favorite replacement bearing (for unresponsive play)?

So, assuming you aren’t a big fan of the stock Center Trac bearing that comes in unresponsive yoyos today, what do you like to replace it with?

Did your favorite bearing cease production at some point? If so, what do you use instead now?

1 Like

I have 2 NSK bearings and they’re the ones that play the best imo, they are super long spinning and really quiet too, definetely go for one if you get the chance!

1 Like

I always go for a Buddha ripple. Never had a problem with them, they’re nice and whispery too. 10/10 would recommend to a friend

1 Like

I’m enjoying my Buddha bearing as well.
I’d like to try a Pixel, but they’re not in stock.
Same for the G2 bearings.

1 Like

Is there a substantial difference in feel or performance between the Buddha Ripple and the Buddha Whipple bearings?

The only pixel that I’ve used is very loud. I cannot for the life of me get this thing to quiet down. That’s the only complaint I have about the pixel. If I had the choice, Buddha hands down

I have Dif KK bearings in a few yoyos, but will usually opt for the generic YYE flat bearing if I need a replacement. Truth be known I haven’t had to replace a bearing in recent memory, other than to swap in a KK from time to time.

Lube, lube, and more lube my friend :kissing_heart:

1 Like

@codinghorror Nope nope and nope my friend. I’m an avid luber, and not even that has helped. I’ve tried cleaning the thing several times, lubing it several times and it just will not quiet down.

1 Like

Yeah sometimes bearings are just cranky / bad. I’ve seen that as well. Rare, but it happens.

It is amazing how much the average unlubed bearing quiets down after a proper lubing though. Dramatic difference. (Some people like a really loud bearing and yo-yo, although I think these people are crazynuts :crazy_face:)

1 Like

Buddha Double Double, NSK, Pixle.