Favorite packaging

the packaging the poo came in at worlds

I’ve seen a few really cool and interesting packages from God Tricks, though the minimalists may not favor it at all. I also thought the various Werrd packagings for their special editions (the heart shaped stand, the jigsaw puzzle, etc.) were pretty cool as well. I have to say though the YYR packaging is the minimalist’s dream. Fine jewelry quality black cardboard box with “yoyorecreation” in silver across the top and cotton lining inside. Pure class.

Personally I like the usps packages cause it can be any yoyo of any brand ;D
But really I’ve always found fascination of just the simple cardboard box that multiple companies seem to do. Also those crazy expensive yoyos like the Catch22 seem to come in some pretty fancy packaging

werrd has the same deal as yyj, just I think their boxes look better :stuck_out_tongue:
Could be because I like werrd more, though…

I really like all those limited edition and original boxes. Like the c22, lynx, pure, poo (at worlds), phoenix, etc.

Well, if we want to go the USPS route:

Yeah, better be stamped YYE on it, so I know my goodies have arrived!

To be honest, CLYW packaging is sooo good. I really love all the creation and designs on the little box. :wink:

YYR boxes. Super classy. Just looking at it makes me want to drink a martini.

pop :smiley: I do like their packaging.

I do also like the simple SPYY and OD boxes.

The Dreamyo Pixie comes wrapped like a chocolate. Pretty cute.
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/269850_2043891508599_1583710892_2038756_1193047_n.jpg

I like the ones with boxes…

No really I like yoyojam because it’s small and easy to open.

From a graphics standpoint, I like the blister packs. It allows you to show off details about the yoyo and utilizing flashy graphics can grab the attention of a new comer should they be walking down the aisles at Toys R Us. As far as after the purchase is another story…opening them is a pain, I even cut myself trying to tear one of these open.

I do like YoYoJam’s clear plastic box. It’s simple to produce (no need to change up the labeling) and really showcases the yoyo well, can view from all angles before opening. But from a marketing standpoint and if these were sold in stores, theft would be an increase…the last thing I want to see is a bunch of broken/used yoyos laying on the shelf at my local walmart or purchasing a yoyo that’s already been ‘tried out,’ dinged, and knotted up/cut string. I’d rather do the above myself.

I like the ol’ C22 packaging… u get what u pay for :wink:
http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_mall/yo-yo/cabinet/yyf/yyf-catch22-box-insi.jpg

So we also have preferences on packaging then…

Ever buy a yoyo because its packaging?

YYR’s look cool