Favorite One Drop Player?

Looks for ‘all of the above’ button
Team One Drop for the win.

Eh. Kind of a generic team to me. Zammy is probably the coolest on the “team” with his unique style. So I would say he is my favorite. Also anyone else notice that markmont only does brain twister combos?

:smiley:

Where did Mark write about this? On the OD forum? I’d be curious to read it…

In any case, favorite OD players would be Markmont and DANG. Zammy is great too but those other guys are more my particular steez.

And sure, Markmont is known for his brain twister signature over/under lindy loops but also check his chopsticks. I wish every player had their own version of the braintwister combo, to be honest. It would greatly appeal to my sense of minimalism and style to see the subtleties and variations that each player would bring within the limitations of ye olde humble braintwister. Every FS should start with a braintwister combo.

paul and graeme

The term I would use instead of “generic” would be “Variable” aha.

And thank you. :slight_smile:

He usually posts stuff on his Facebook page every now and then to talk about trick theory and aesthetics. Interesting stuff.

And Markmont is more than “just” braintwister combos. I felt the sense…like you’re saying that “oh markmont sucks 'cause all he does is braintwister combos and nothing else” Markmont puts this feeling while throwing that I can’t even explain.

He’s not in for the point-whore tricks. He’s all for next generation tricks.

huh what, me? Uh… not at all.

Before I was partly addressing that the idea that all Markmont does is braintwister combos is wrong, and noted his chopsticks as an example. Then I went riffing on why I like braintwister combos. No sarcasm, nothing to read into, etc.

Less subtle: I like Markmont. I like braintwister combos. The end. :slight_smile:

Not you, someone else :]

I don’t know all those guys. But I really like watching Dang. In the videos I’ve seen at least (usually product demos rather than competition clips) not too much “speed for the sake of speed”, and he seems to genuinely have fun.