Favorite Boutique string?

Im still getting through my 1000 pack of Yoyonation Highlights. Best strings I could find for such a great price. They must still exist somewhere… Need to find more soon.

I love both versions of Cloud, Angel Hair, and for Poly, Venom is my favorite. I really dig Epic Strings- Whips Whippy as well, but I’m not sure if they are, or will be available again?

I want to try Spool Thread, Eagle, and Zipline. Also, there was a string made by a member here (Paul?). It is a nylon string, but I didn’t pull the trigger and have lost track of them.

G-String?!

I really need to try some new string… Just at the end of my YYN Highlights and Blueprints (what happened to these YYE?)
I’m tossed between the YYSL Type X and Kitty Fats now… ::slight_smile:

1 Like

Found it!

https://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,96671.0.html

I bought a 4 pack of the String Theory.

Definitely not cheap, but they should last and last. They seem so similar to Angel Hair out of the package, and they play very similar too. However, the one I have briefly tried so far, broke in in just a few minutes. I’ve had Angel Hair that wouldn’t bind for the longest time. Really digging these so far.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x274/EightPlus/Skilltoys/IMG_20170610_214143.jpg

I payed a bit more for the two color, but didn’t make the best combo. I’ll try again with more contrasting colors. Otherwise, could have just done a Hi-vis.

Looking forward to playing some String Theory Twist in black:white :slight_smile:

We’re not happy until you’re not happy! *<B{Q>

So it’s a lot like angel hair but binds better? :blush: sounds good to me! I have ~20 coming in here soon so I’m excited for those :slight_smile:

But, you didn’t like the Angel Hair I sent you!

Pretty ironic that the person you passed it on to, is the next to reply. ;D

WHOTH3MAN, Yes, the one I tried broke in and binded (bound?) much easier than Angel Hair, yet the other properties seem pretty much identical. Perhaps, it’s slightly thicker and slightly more pliable.

WoodRat, If the binding with the Angle Hair was your issue with what I sent you, you should have a better time with the String Theorys (Theories?),especially since you like undersized yoyos.

We’ll see how it goes. The main issues I was having were weak binds and losing the throw off the string :imp: A tension issue? Dunno. But I’m always down to try something new :wink:

We’re not happy until you’re not happy! *<B{Q>

The weak binds is strange to hear. I’ve had trouble getting binds to happen with Angel Hair, but once the yoyo binds, I feel like it grips way better than poly.

I use the Finch Head Knot with the Angel String and now this String Theory.

Yep. Angel hair may slip every now and then when trying to bind, it like spits it out like its spinning the wrong way, but when it grabs, I also find it grabs tighter than most strings out there.

I am still in love with Spool Thread. Big fan!!

Yeah, you can even have great trouble getting it to bind even with a pinch, when it’s not broken in. It just feeds straight out the bottom, instead of wrapping around the bearing! I didn’t have that experience with the String Theory on the Day Dream. We’ll see on the next yoyo I try it on.

Next to try is that Spool Thread!

Eagle Strings Fit

One day they might be back…

1 Like

Bungee Cords and YYSL Type 2.

Too bad neither are made anymore :’(

Spool Thread and String Theory. They both play so different.

1 Like

String theory is by far my favorite string I have tried thus far!

YYSL x venom and ammo depending on yoyos. I set them up by string thickness to get the same bind feeling on all. But lately it’s been less ammo and more x.

Chaos 422