Fat Kitty String

Does fat kitty string make a yoyo play slightly responsive due to the width?

Do you mean “responsive?”

ive never found that any of the fatter kitty strings add to responsiveness when i used them…

However i do know that using anything over fat kitty with a extreme center track bearing like an old crucial dimple bearing will add a good bit or responsiveness and snap back on certain tricks.

Now for binding.
All the different kitty strings have a different way of binding normal kitty is a bit slicker and i had issues with it catching certain air binds. fat kitty is a bit easier to bind and does a better job on air binds. Xl kitty my personal favorite for its feel and density is great with binding id refer it to any played just starting out and trying to get a bind.

Though with xl kitty there is a problem. At least for me after playing with them for awhile xl kitty tends to fray heavily and that can cause some issues with responsiveness and snap back. However this fraying is probably cause by the fact that every time i bind i do a regen cause im addicted to regens. The fraying is probably not a common issue with everyone else i just find it a bit annoying and it makes me change my strings more often to keep the nice fresh feel.

1 Like