Falling in love with Responsive play?!

Good choice of yoyos… Those are two of my favorites.

Ed. You are amazing!I love playing responsive now, the other yoyoer at my school says im crazy and that i should just leave my dragon jam at home…but today i didnt even take my c13 haha.  i can almost do organized on it!  Thanks for showing some peeps that its all possible on response! btw i like your comment in the end of the plastic whip video “plastic whip? come on. dont call people out!”

Very nice, thanks alot!

true-fully, when I started yoyoing I never heard of unresponsive play.
I have been using a yomega x brain and a duncan dragonfly for about 3 months
then I found a lyn fury(responsive of course) and have been using that for about 3months
then I went into unresponsive play when I found out
responsive play is more fun and it will help u a lot
I barely do unresponsive now(only in contest)
I play everyday with responsive yoyo

lol this is how I reply: I was wrong

I couldn’t imagine how a responsive yo-yo could do that… but that leaves me one question…

What point are you trying to make, that if one was good enough with a yoyo, then they would go with responsive every time? Because this whole topic is making unresponsives seemingly like things you would practice tricks on until you could do them on a responsive yo-yo?

Maybe I’m missing the point.

Gracious in defeat,

King825 ;D

1 Like

I feel so special having a video just for me on youtube…

Haha. Backwards. You practice tricks on a responsive yoyo until you can do them flawlessly. Then it will look good on an unresponsive yoyo.
That’s something that looooots of people need to smarten up to. Because I’ve been seeing a lot of horrendous play lately.

no need to think of it as victory/defeat, friend. that wasn’t my intention.

my point isn’t that everyone should play responsive; just that we shouldn’t accept the limits and obstacles that we may see as obvious and impossible with the skill set we have now. i think playing responsive makes it easier to understand and appreciate unresponsive and vice versa. everyone should play as they’re moved to play, but we shouldn’t take limits for granted. that mindset runs in opposition to yoyoing’s creative potential.

Reread the original post please. There is no “point,” the OP is simply saying he/she started playing responsive and is enjoying it. You are the one who came in and started with the “so what?” discussion. I play responsive for learning but to me I like the idea of responsive instead of unresponsive so I plan to stay responsive as long as possible. I like being able to pull the yoyo back up instead of having to use both hands to do it.

I’ll be keeping my Velocity set to responsive for some time now.

You are humble in your incorrectness (?), king825, and I respect you for that. Many people in your situtation in the past would like blow up and do things to get themselves banned. Good job. :wink:

By the way, I love new silicone.

Ed, I was seconds away from pulling the trigger on a Legacy or Dark Magic because I was getting frustrated on how much harder it seems to learn string tricks on a responsive yoyo with a narrow string gap (Turbo Bumblebee & Cold Fusion).

Those videos make me realize that I just need to quit whining and practice more.