Fade strings

I would like to see some cool fades thanks

5 Likes

Here’s a couple @Jhammond93 posted here a few months ago…damn they’re gorgeous!

2 Likes

Still working on fades. But I do feel proud of this beauty.

Maybe not a fade. But I love it so.

5 Likes

I just started making fades and I’m finding a hard time getting the thickness just right

3 Likes

That’s what happened to me, try extending the rig and shorten your hook distances. Doing that will increase the amount of hooks and increase the thickness. So if you have a fade hook every 10 inches, back it down to 8. That seemed to work for me

2 Likes

18 Likes

I have four hooks

2 Likes

I went off a video that I found randomly on youtube or something so I don’t even know if im doing the best way

2 Likes

Beautiful!!

4 Likes

Not a ‘spun’ fade but a fun project from my past. Hand-dyed white slick-6 50/50. We called it “Tye-Dye”. It took hours of work but the end result was sooooo pretty. What process do you use to make a spun fade? It’s not something I’ve ever really played with BUT I am curious. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Source 1

Source 2

5 Likes

Thanks very much @smileypants707.
I’m going to go play!

3 Likes

once I master it I am going to make a video on how to make fades

1 Like

did you just use dye from a tye dye kit or did you use something else

1 Like

Many different colours of RIT dye from the corner store. Extra large pickle jars. Fast boiling kettle. Chopsticks. A cheap laundry rack. 2-3 days of your life. :wink:

3 Likes

im about to wast 3 days of my life for some sick looking strings lol :laughing:

2 Likes

The time was due to my volume. About 1000 strings at a time. You may be faster. :rofl:

1 Like

lol yes that would be the day I could say I make yoyo strings for a living

2 Likes

I also found this image with them in packaging. I used to lay all the ‘wrappers’ out in my backyard and ‘sprinkle’ dye across it. I was all about the branding back then. I even used card stock because paper wrinkled far too much when wet. Ah, the memories. G-String TD

4 Likes

I need the last onee! :hushed:

1 Like