Expensive

Titanium or CLYW

that is a lot

You could buy an actual spoked wheel for less.

The spoked wheel is the Nostalgia, not the vektor… and it’s 4500.

There is quite a large difference between a mass produced low-precision thing like a wheel, and a hand made -extremely- high precision yo-yo. The level of detail, the amount of effort required, the incredible skill level… simple amazing. It has 138 parts… all of them were made by hand. The little brass adjustments, the wires, etc. It’s so perfect in fact, that because the brass pieces were using a 1mm thread, and the wire stock was 1.01mm or so (instead of 1mm as listed), he actually took each and every spoke, and machined off 0.01mm so that they could be properly threaded.

Beyond the level of craftsmanship required, and the amount of work involved… it’s a beautiful piece of functional art.

The Vektor that Nathan mentioned is made by the same guy… it’s a metal yo-yo with a carbon fiber shell… also spectacular and worth every dollar.

Kyle

The newest c3 i forgot the name. its a long sleeper its 60mmand ways like 200 grams! yes you read the number right!!!

Spoked car wheels are still woven by hand, though it will be a lost art in the not too distant future. High quality car wheels are actually quite high-precision for the same reason that a yoyo needs to be.

Also, I’m a watchmaker. You don’t have to extoll the virtues of craftsmanship to me. I get it. :wink: Just noting that it is still kind of funny that you could buy the actual thing the yoyo is meant to portray for a lot less than the yoyo.

Avantr Garde 2

Most expensive that i own: Yomerica Hand Candy ($95)

want: something Jet Set ($160)

I still like the sradivari way better.

They are precision, they aren’t <0.001" precision :slight_smile:

Also, you can’t do kwijibo with a car wheel.

Also, I’m a watch collector/dabbler myself, nice :slight_smile:

Kyle

The stradivarius is nice… it’s not amazing. I was one of the judges at the mod contest the year that was entered… it was a great yoyo, but meh.

It can be done by anybody with a mill and a lot of free time. It wasn’t a new idea, just a very extensive version of an old one. A very good yoyo no doubt, and it looks cool, but to me not even comparable to the nostalgia in terms of creativity, craftsmanship, or execution.

Kyle

I just got a 54 w side effects so more expensive

aghhhhh, your rubbing it in.
Anglam for me. Or any CLYW.

anything bist. especially the sradivari.
or the syzygy or ti. they look pretty cool.

my most expensive is my wolf ninja hurdles canvas.

i know right

Probably the Chief.

I plan to buy some YYR someday when I have the money, but being a PC gamer, new games come out very often that I want to buy, often costing $40-$60 each.

All the more reason to stick with yoyos. Maybe a bigger up front investment, but less on the long run.

Still wanting a Chief after PLAYING mine in what was that, April?

(Edited to correct a spelling error due to a broken keyboard)

“Still wanting a Chief after paying mine in what was that, April?”

Sorry Chris, I don’t quite understand what this sentence means.

My Overdrive at $185. And I was also in a bidding war over a Chief when the second run just came out. I won it at $200. :frowning: