Everyone needs this yoyo holder!

Would definitely purchase again

2 Likes

I’ve got a really simple one that I made from a bit of shock cord and a sliding cord lock that I had laying around. It’s very slick, simple and secure but I do need both hands to draw or re-holster the throw.
I’ve got pics somewhere on the forum, I’d post em now but they’re on my computer and I’m AFK.

Ivan

3 Likes

Would love to see it

2 Likes

Well according to Webster its a holster! :wink:

6 Likes

You are like cowboys with your holsters haha

4 Likes

It’s just a piece of shock cord, tied at the ends to form a loop and then an intermediate knot to lock it around the belt. To holster, I pinch the yo-yo by the hub, use my off hand to pull the loop straight out from my body and pop the yo-yo through the loop. Then I slide the cord lock down for 100% security and to keep the string nice and neatly gripped.

To draw, I pinch the yo-yo with my throw hand, pull it straight out from my body and use my off hand to slide the cord lock up before popping the yo-yo out with my throw hand. The draw and holster is quite smooth but it does require two hands.

I’m not trying to argue that this rig is anything close to the quality or handsomeness of the nice leather loops because it isn’t. But it’s practically weightless and almost 100% foolproof in it’s security, and after all it was free because I had the shock cord and lock left over from a previous project.

Another advantage of having any sort of holster is that when I manage to tie one of my all-too-frequent knots in the string, I can pop the yo-yo into the loop before removing the string from my finger and dealing with the knot. This really beats having to pin my throw under an elbow or risk fumbling it while I use two hands to untie my knotwork!

Ivan

11 Likes

I knew I wasn’t tripping lol

3 Likes

Nice one!

1 Like

// cowboys

I do live in TEXAS… :wink:

3 Likes

Do your holders work with counterweights? I have a standard YYF holder and the counterweight never stays in place. It keeps falling off and then it hangs freely and it collides with the yoyo making constant ding sounds when walking.

2 Likes

I’ve never thought of accommodating a counterweight before. If you’re talking about my elastic cord setup, I’d suggest maybe extending the tied-off ends for one more small loop to slip the counterweight through so it’s suspended above the yo-yo while holstered?

To holster the yo-yo with that setup, I’d guess you could slip the yo-yo through it’s main loop, slide the cord lock down to lock the string and then pull just enough of a pigtail back out to allow the counterweight to slip into it’s little loop. I’m just guessing though.

I’ve circled the ends that I’m talking about in these pics. Basically there would be a small “counterweight loop” where those two loose ends are sticking out and beyond that counterweight loop it would be tied off.

If you try it, I’m curious to know if it works!

If you’re talking about the nice leather holsters, someone smart will have to chime in with an idea.

Ivan

2 Likes

I still have several Yomega and TK holsters. Believe I have 1 black and to veg tan leather TK’s, all with snaps. Then I have a black leather w/ snap Yomega and a camouflaged with velco Yomega. Back in high school I had a plack ProYo holster that I kept my Turbo Bumble Bee in. Not sure what happened to that holster.

I’ve got an Unknown Descender that I use these days when I want to use a holder.

3 Likes

Finally got around to making a video about this holder! Everyone needs one of these.

2 Likes