Oof, immediate friend zone. I’m just playing :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

And I forgot to apologize to her. :joy:

2 Likes

That’s a double Oof

2 Likes

Only once many moons ago (around 1999) on my Pro-Yo II

2 Likes

I had string breaks when I used to play alot with my yo-yo.now I have reduced my playing,so no string breaks at all.

1 Like

I just had a cotton string break on the Yo-Hans Pro-Yo II right out of the package. As usual after about an hour of throwing…

1 Like

The alchemy cu later broke a string a few minutes into play, I also had a skyline eat through one and it has some nasty dings as a result

Only on my Pivot. It breaks strings horrible. Sanded it, belt treated it, broke three strings the next day. Performance: Amazing. Apart from how it breaks strings.

Well, it finally happened. My Silenus just came in today and within 15 minutes of playing with the stock string “SNAP!” The yoyo goes flying across the room, banks off the couch and wobbles across the room coin-spin style. Fortunately there isn’t a scratch on the yoyo, thanks to the couch absorbing most of the impact.

At least I know never to buy Zeekio strings.

3 Likes

Was it a cotton or poly string?

2 Likes

somehow all of my string breaks happened in horizontal play.

1 Like

Cotton pretty sure. They weren’t labeled aside from the company logo. But they didn’t have any give to them like most poly string.

Cotton strings break like crazy for me all the time. I think I have gotten some Zeekio cottons in the past too by accident.

2 Likes

That’s how this happened. Horizontal throw.

This package was odd because the strings didn’t come in the yoyo box. I never saw a silenus unboxing so I don’t know if this is normal, but it was Zeekio strings bundled with a top yo yoyo.

I would be upset, as a manufacturer if someone based their opinion on my strings from a possible one-off dud.

1 Like

I know @codinghorror is gonna love this… I had just picked up a DV888 for my 10 y.o. and strung it up with the stock string. About 10-15 minutes later it snapped on the breakaway bouncing down my mom’s hallway. I was terrified I had cracked/chipped her tile floor, 'cause I really didn’t want to have to replace it myself (so much work!). Thankfully the floor was safe and the DV only wore minor scuffs. My daughter still loves that throw :grin:

6 Likes

Normally I wouldn’t, however in this case I think it’s 100% justified.

I have went through hundreds of kitty and string lab strings, and several 10 packs of other brands. Until now I have never had a string break. Now, if I string a yoyo with a new string lab string, and it broke on the first throw, I wouldn’t give it a second thought. It would obviously be a dud and I would be pleased that quality control has been good enough for it to take that long.

In this case, it was the FIRST string I had thrown by this brand. I’m not so delusional to believe that you can’t get a dud from any manufacturer, but given that I’ve never had a string break out of hundreds from other companies, and the very first string I used from this one snapped in 15 minutes, you’ve lost my business in the string department.

I know it sounds like I’m trashing Zeekio but that’s not my intention. I don’t want to put any manufacturer down. I’m just talking about their strings here. I own one of their delrin Flare’s and that’s a great yoyo. The Aftermath Apocalypse also looks really good and I still want one. I just won’t be buying their strings again.

1 Like

you are a good man, Mo. I remember my first YoYoExpert throwdown. My son wanted to try a Space Cowboy (which is nowhere near what a magnesium yoyo goes for). The gentleman a the YYE table said, sure, you can try whatever you like, but, you ding it, you buy it. I’m a big softy, the boy tried the yoyo, loved it, didn’t ding it, but, I still bought it.

Glenacius, cotton strings seem to last for me as well. Both the YYE Type 10 as well as my homemade ones.

2 Likes