Ever had a day when you ain't in the mood for yoyoing?

Today I’m not in the mood for yoyoing. Dunno why, but it’s probably because I’m really stressed out in trying to create a trick

Sure.

I wouldn’t sweat it. Also don’t sweat trying to make a trick. You can enjoy yoyoing in many ways, and creating a trick is just one of them.

So if I’m having trouble making a trick, would you suggest me to learn some tricks to gain more knowledge?

Greg, answering my question?

wait a bit mate… greg is probably sleeping… your in australia and greg is in canada two different time zones…

Ever had that day when you aren’t in the mood for throwing?

all the time…
those are the days i just don’t throw… i do something else…

absolutely, it happens, and when I don’t feel like throwing yoyo, I don’t. I believe a yoyo is a toy, something to be enjoyed. You might find that taking a day off from yoyo actually helps you get more creative, it may make you feel the need to throw. If I feel forced to yoyo, then it becomes work.

1 Like

Yeah I have days I don’t throw I don’t sweat it. However if your struggling on a trick just take a brake from that specific trick and maybe learn something Else or just clean up some other the other tricks you’ve made.

Oftentimes I dont feel like yoyoing.

Like now, for instance, cause I havent been coming up with much stuff lately and I’ve been just polsihing stuff instead. It’s boring, but it happens.

Those days have come around, just like I’ve had days where I don’t feel like playing video games. It happens. Sometimes I’ll just run through some trick tutorials and find something I think would be neat to work on. Some days I don’t even feel like doing that and just go all out lazy mode :slight_smile:

We all have those days. Thats when I toss the kendama around, or putz around in video game land.

I only wish that on the days I didn’t feel like yoyoing that I could find the time for reading. :wink: But reading for me is usually a minimum 1-hour sit-down. I can’t do reading in 15-minute spurts like I can with yoyoing.

When I first started, I used to think I needed a yoyo by my bedside and that it could never possibly get old. Now, a week past the 1 year mark, there are days where I pick up a YoYo and just don’t feel like it. It’s a normal part of any hobby

Honestly as much as I said I’ve had days where I didn’t feel like it, I still can’t go a day without some yoyo action. Even if I’m not creating or learning other tricks, I just mess around with existing things I already know. I feel like if I took several days of not throwing at all, I would be a bit “off” when I decide to start throwing that tethered gyroscope again.

All it takes for me to get off my tush and start throwing is stumbling upon even just a simple “#trickcircle” or a clip one posted on several FB groups I belong to…all it takes is that one little spark.