Eternal Throw Elysian

Alright guys, this is my first review and I have been throwing for around 6 years now. I am writing this review because I felt the need to tell you about this yo yo.

Eternal Throw Elysian Stats:
Diameter: 56.20 mm / 2.21 inches
Width: 43.45 mm / 1.71 inches
Gap Width: 4.35 mm / .17 inches
Weight: 67.6 grams
Bearing Size: Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)- Flat Bearing
Response: One Drop Flow Groove Pads

Impressions:

Wow…just wow… Like i mentioned before, I have been throwing for quite some time, and I have a pretty good sized collection. This yo yo is completely different than anything I have ever thrown. The shape is perfect- fits right in the hands. The yoyo is fast and steady. The color is phenomenal (I got a gray/dark gray splashed colorway). The one thing that caught me off guard were the grinding cups. This yo yo seems to be built to DESTROY finger grinds. As soon as you pop the yo yo onto your finger, the concave cup causes the yo yo to immediately guide itself to the center, where a smaller cup (about the size of your finger tip) allows the yo yo to steadily spin. In my opinion, all yo yos (or most modern yo yos) should have this design. I thought the Horizon was great for spinning, but that additional cup creates THE smoothest finger grinding experience EVER. The only complaint I have is the limited release and the flat bearing that came with it. I swapped it out for a concave and it solved the problem.

Pros:
Awesome shape
Beautiful colorway
Dynamic Maneuverability
Flawless Fingerspins

Cons:
Flat bearing
Limited Run

Final Thoughts:
Eternal Throw has created one of the greatest yo yo’s I have ever personally tried. I won’t hesitate to pick another one up if Eternal Throw has another release. If you get a chance to snag one, don’t wait-you won’t be disappointed. Thank you Eternal Throw- you are a master at your craft.

-Matt

One particular theory is that such a cup design will thicken the hub wall and consume available rim weight, but who knows really

That would make sense… Eternal Throw did it justice, that’s for sure