ESPN Briefly Showed Gentry Last Night!

All y’all fighting over silly stuff, figured I’d bring up something cool I saw last night during the NFL Draft.

ESPN was showing a commercial for… ESPN, and they ran through a bunch of clips of athletes doing some less popular sports and sure enough there was a bit of Gentry doing his thing at Worlds I think. Very cool to see yoyo on national TV like that, even if only for like 4 seconds.

Now everyone go yoyo somewhere outside and blow someone’s mind.

23 Likes

It’s from 2019 nationals, well spotted.

13 Likes

Yoyo on the Ocho? ESPN should make it happen. (if the reference is lost on anyone… Dodgeball remains a worthwhile watch.)

10 Likes

ESPN actually does an “Ocho” day where they play oddball sports. Light saber fighting and stuff like that.

5 Likes

Nice! I didn’t know about that. I am generally anti-ESPN, so that’s not surprising.

3 Likes

A while back I came across televised cornhole. They had sponsors and uniforms and nobody was drunk. Amazing.

Watched a little axe throwing the other day. Kinda boring. They were way too close to the target. I wanted to see them chuck those things from 30+ feet.

5 Likes

There was cornhole at skill-con in Vegas when we had a yoyo contest there a few years back. All the players were uniformed up with jerseys and everything. It was pretty fun to watch. (They also had cup holders for players at each end so idk about the “nobody was drunk” part haha)

6 Likes

If the heads of the axes aren’t attached to the handle, is that like 4a? I’d like to see that.

3 Likes

Off handle axe throwing. That would certainly raise the level of excitement for the in-person spectators. Is he going to hit the target or cleave my head in two? I’d watch that!

2 Likes

At least not noticeably drunk.

Seriously though the shots those guys make are insane sometimes.

3 Likes

Did they show them waxing the corn hole?

1 Like

Definitely. Seeing the pros throw a four bagger (all 4 in the hole) with ease is just something else.

1 Like

ESPN has nothing to do with that lol. Everybody knows what a yoyo is, its unpopular for different reasons. Not to mention I wouldn’t even consider yoyo a sport. A competition? Sure. A sport? No.

1 Like

Either way espn is cringe

2 Likes

Lol. I only watch/use ESPN for the UFC.

1 Like

Same. It’s the only real sport anymore that’s mainstream. Happy I didn’t bet on Masvidal

1 Like

Masvidal got put into a coffin :skull: :skull: :skull:

1 Like

Usman is the real deal… told the peeps Rose was gonna get the dub though but no one saw that kick coming either. Underrated sport more people should watch it imo

1 Like

I know not every one likes gentry but I no matter what you think he’s defiantly made a huge impact in the yoyo scene and in growing the sport to more main stream platforms, personally im a gentry fan boi

2 Likes

First off, I’m a Gentry fan boi too lol. He is definitely the biggest yoyo promoter, and let’s face it, he’s probably the best for it. He doesn’t make us all look like nerds lol. I just find the promoting of his yoyos a little cringe at times.

2 Likes