Endure help

Old one, but just stumbled upon it recently, so it’s new for me. It’s basically a trick with many simple movements here and there that looks good when done smoothly.

Anyways, it’s hard for me to describe what i’m having trouble with but i’ll try my best. Basically, there’s something about the beginning I just don’t get. The part where he rolls the yoyo behind everything and lands on the back string from the index & thumb TH houdini mount.

Seems simple enough, and I can do that. As the trick goes on though, I imitate every move he does but it seems that he has an extra twist/knot on the string somewhere I don’t. I looks like he could drop the string at any time (most noticeably at 2:06) and get a knot, whereas I drop the string at any time when I try the trick and get no knots at all.

I’m definitely doing something wrong because by 2:53 his string formation looks nothing like what I have; I have some GT on my hands whereas he has some string formation with multiple twists.

I think what i’m having trouble with is the rolling-into-back-string part. Like I said, it looks like his string formation would cause a knot if dropped but mine doesn’t when I drop mine at any part of the trick; up until 2:53.

Maybe i’m missing something here but it’s not a particularly complex trick. Any feedback or alternate angles would be appreciated; i’m just not getting it.