Electronic music

Any other electronic musicians ? Really dig a lot of chillwave to yoyo to.

8 Likes

Claptone on soundcloud has a great weekly show upload. Very good for yoyo and over an hour long each week. All kinds of unique sounds and styles of electronic . Easy for non electronic people to enjoy too

3 Likes

I too have been known to noodle on occasion, especially as an admirer of the ultra heavy beat.

I have some other modules/instruments as well, but this is my current plate of spaghetti :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Here’s my little lab! For software I use Bitwig Studio.

@Raindog3030 I recognize the DrumBrute Impact, Keystep and what I think is one of the Roland mini-reboots but what is the colorful box on the left? Also do you record or just noodle for fun?

@Ghostfox I love gearspotting but I’m embarrassed to say I don’t recognize any of the hardware OR software in your pic! It looks modern though, I haven’t shopped for synths for several years (must…resist…new gear…) so it must be something that came out after I stopped following closely. Looks like some sort of sampler I think?

Here’s my page with some stuff I’ve recorded. If you guys have any recordings online I’d love to check 'em out! I love talking gear, techniques, sharing songs, whatever!

Ivan

EDIT: Forgot to add the link LOL. Here it is: Music – cra Z ivn.com

6 Likes

It’s a Moog Sirin! One of my favorite monosynths. And the Roland is an Sh-01a, pretty cool cuz it’s basically a smart poly SH-101.

And I just noodle for fun mostly, but I do have a little 2i2 usb interface…that I almost never use :sweat_smile:

I see your Drum Brute there, nice!

Man your set up is beautiful !
well for making music I usually use Maschine and an m32 tiny midi keyboard but in that photo Im just using DJ software called Traktor 3, The gear is actually pretty old, the controller is a Native Instruments D2 and the knobs is a MIDI Fighter twister for the FX. The D2 was absolutely amazing so of course they discontinued it.

also I really liked that observation deck song ! thanks for sharing, might as well share mine also Stream Ghost Fox music | Listen to songs, albums, playlists for free on SoundCloud

I’ve been making electronic music for fun since the late 90’s when I got my first pirated version of Fruity Loops. Mixcraft is my DAW of choice now. I have a 61-key keyboard, AKAI drum pad and a USB dongle to connect my bass. Nothing fancy.

I haven’t made or uploaded anything in a while, but here’s a link to my SoundCloud in case anyone is interested in listening to my random musical ideas from the past decade.

1 Like

@Ghostfox @Shapapy You guys both sound straight-up professional with your mixes! I still haven’t figured out how to use compression properly without absolutely destroying the dynamics of the track.

@Raindog3030 I was actually torn for a while between the Impact like yours and the OG DrumBrute, they both had elements that I liked! Finally went with the OG partially because the Impact was just a little too edgy for what I wanted, and also because I found a used OG for a good deal.
This is stupid but I also like the aesthetics of the OG, the fake wood end cheeks and the sheer size of the unit appealed to me even though they don’t mean diddly for sound.

I’m excited to have fresh music to listen to now!

Ivan

4 Likes

Thank you !! I use a program called ozone 10 to master the tracks, makes a huge difference

I always found Ozone tricky (at least using the presets), I do not know why I was never able to achieve a satisfying master with it, I used to create my own chain with external plug ins and modifying it following the song and the mix I did.

Other than that I never have been a big “gear user”, I had a midi usb keyboard, my guitar, a little mpd pad to create the drums and the rest was all VST, just the speakers I believe was nice I have a pair of Yamaha HS5.

I used to have a future funk, disco project called Android Apartment (it was going quite well but it was taking so much time out of my classical studies so I had to choose one), it was very sampled based but every now and then I liked to write originals

4 Likes