Ekta vs TP hinemosu

Anyone wanna chime in? Been eyeing both for a bit and both seem to be a very similar genre of yoyo. Albeit with different choice of materials.

For context I own an atmos Aria and I love it but I’ve also never tried a turning point yoyo before so knowing opinions would be appreciated

3 Likes

You can’t go wrong with either, obviously!! Here is a side by side. If you like the wider playfeel, then Ekta is your choice. The two do feel like they’re related! I’ve said it before that Ekta has a very TP’ish feeling in the hand and on the string.

3 Likes

Like someone said before, you can’t go wrong. The Hinemosu is amazingly stable and long-spinning due to its narrow design with ti rims, and the ekta is cheaper, but wider if you like wide yoyos like me. I would go with the Ekta purely based on the width, as 42mm is waaay too narrow for me lol. But the hinemosu is on yye while the ekta is on yysrw, which takes a loooot longer to ship, so i guess that’s a factor aswell. Again, can’t go wrong, but I would get the Ekta.

2 Likes

Psst… shameless plug for the Mosu that i have for sale…

3 Likes

Oh dude!!! I totally would’ve gone for it but I’m not a fan of gold :sweat_smile:. Still appreciate you for offering bst.

1 Like

Yeah! I feel like the ekta design wise was a marriage between turning point for aesthetics, yoyo recreation for the dome hub, and the Aria for the side view. Looking at them side by side now I’m sure I’ll enjoy the ekta a bit more. I think the hinemosu might be a hit too dense for me. Thanks for chiming in!

2 Likes