Eh 2018 axle replacement

My new Eh 2018 yoyo was eating strings with the setup it came with, so I tried to open it up and well to cut a long story short I broke the axle.

It was a tough job to get the pieces of the axle out of the yoyo without damaging the wood, but I managed despite having to use a drill.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a new wooden axle, and some caps?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Check YYE, but if not, I’m pretty sure you can find them on the TMBR Toys website.

1 Like

Thanks!
Do you have any idea if the Eh 2018 takes the 416 or the 516?
And what wood it’s made from, there are a few options?

No idea, I’m afraid.

Contact YYE and ask.

It will take either one depending on your preference. 416 and 516 mean thickness of 1/4 (4/16) in and 5/16 in respectively. The 516 will be more responsive, though I’ve never tried it. The woodthread size is the same between the two. TMBR yo-yos come stock with 416 walnut.

4 Likes

What do you mean it was eating strings? How often?

The eH came with YYE cotton 10, which is the best string for fixed axle in my opinion, but they do not last like poly on unresponsive yos, you got to change them often. 20181214_062620 when I picked up my eH I also got another pack of 100. Still my favorite strings

3 Likes

I know my eH’s axle was catching on the string simply doing a trapeze for a while. I probably should have done the ol’ “pull an old string through the axle a bunch,” but I’m lazy and just threw it hard into trapeze until it stopped returning. Seems to have worked well.

Edit: YYE cotton 10 is dope. I have way less problems with strings snapping since I picked it up.

1 Like

Wood axles will eat string until they are broken in a bit. Not really any way to avoid it.

2 Likes