effective way to rtv?

anyone have a way to get the rtv to really fill up the recess?

Lately I have been using a guitar pick to apply it. Just try to push the silicone down to the bottom of the recess. All I can really say is practice makes perfect.

You can pretty easily get more of it into the recess, but towards the end you tend to get air bubbles, which is the problem you’re probably having. I usually use a needle to push the silicone around so that it pushes the air out. Then you can either put more in to fill it up the rest of the way, or move some of the excess you have in there around to make it closer to being the right amount. Either way though you’ll want to make sure to shave the excess off once it cures (although you probably already knew that).

1 Like

I use the tube to get it to the bottom. I don’t understand why it’s so hard. I don’t even use the nozzle. I take the cap off then put the top of the tube directly against the yoyo and squeeze the tube while turning the yoyo. It forces the silicone to the bottom and completely fills the recess. Then take a spoon, guitar pick or whatever and clean the excess off.

2 Likes