Educate me on the MFD hype please

I’m glad I got mine!! Thanks Mate.
Now back on topic!

2 Likes

What a minute… Are you Whothy?.. THE WHOTHY???

3 Likes

Lol, I love this. Yeppers! Did a name change a year ago on here then left the forums for a bit.

3 Likes

I feel like this is all that needs to be said :blush:

5 Likes

WWWWHHHHOOOTTTHHHYYYY!!!

Send me your address and I’ll send you an unresponsive, mate!!

5 Likes

Private messages?

4 Likes

Some more Spinworthy love. I fell in love with this Recycled HDPE material as soon as I saw it. So glad to have one in my collection.
hdpe

To keep things on topic. Here’s a lovely Conspiracy that I picked up from their last drop. Beautiful! I feel like MFD was a “slow burn”. They have done great yoyos and ano for years now, but collectors are finally catching on. I think people are just surprised the prices and popularity have increased so quickly.

As for flipping / scalping. I’m not noticing people buying just to resell at a higher price. I have no issues with people selling items from their collection now that the market value has increased. It’s unfortunate some people may be priced out, I suppose.

conspiracy

9 Likes

While I understand your premise; the point is not about making “competition” yo-yo’s for competitors only. It is about a yo-yo that has longer-spin and more stability than other models. Some manufacturers make all of their yo-yo’s with superior performance YYR comes to mind). Other manufacturers literally have NO yo-yo’s with superior performance. Why? Is that by design? Or, do they simply have inferior development when compared to other brands? Oddly, these seem to be the same manufacturers who heap disdain on"competition" throws in forums and social-media.

I also disagree with your premise that a “competition” yo-yo is for yo-yo competitors only. As someone who struggles to learn tricks; longer spin and more stability allow me to try the trick I am learning more times before I need to throw again or try a regen. I think that my skills represent more of the market than competitors do. I like high-performance yo-yo’s way better than one that looks pretty; but spins-out the moment I hit a string.

5 Likes

Wow, this could be a thread entirely of its own (and I’m sure there already are some that exist).

Why do people still like Polaroid photos? Why do people eat food that isn’t great for their health? It all comes down to preference.

3 Likes

I never said competitor level yo-yos were made for competitors only.

And… I never said only competitors should buy comp level yo-yos.

And…… I never said that non-competitors should be discouraged from buying a high-performance yo-yo. It would not be logical to draw a conclusion that people at lower levels of play could not find advantages to having higher performing yo-yos.

Not quite sure how you could misinterpret what I actually meant/said?

Most interesting….

PS>>>> This is what I said>

“The fear of possibly not being able to get better without ‘Superman’s’ Signature yo-yo, is way overrated.”

3 Likes

Not sure I should chime in since I don’t own any MFD’s or intend on buying one anytime soon.

I had a thought while looking at the auction site and came across some Higby’s.

Are MFD’s the new Higby’s?

2 Likes

No…

5 Likes

They make beautiful throws. Both in looks and performance. I don’t throw competitively so I can’t comment on that aspect but for me they just feel great.

kgb

13 Likes

Love the Spy vs Spy!

4 Likes