MFD Drop - That Was Quick!

Wow, my first experience with a drop… cannot believe how quickly everything went. Is that typical? We’re talking probably 15 minutes and everything Monkeyfinger had was gone.

4 Likes

It depends on the drop, but that’s pretty typical for MFD, G2, SF, and some other brands both here at YYE and on the brand sites. Actually, 15 mins of inventory is pretty good sometimes haha.

6 Likes

Really!? I had no idea, figured everyone would have at least the evening to browse.

Forgive my ignorance, what exactly defines a “short run”? Is it just a run of very few items that may or may not be produced again? Is there anything typically differentiating between a short run YoYo and one that is released again later in the same model?

2 Likes

I’m not sure as a lot of terminology isn’t exactly standardized in our hobby—you’d have to reach out to MFD Ray—but given that he’s basically a one-man company (he doesn’t machine the yoyos himself but he does basically everything else including the anodization) it probably means it’s a small sized drop.

4 Likes

Yea, MFD drops are cut-throat. I count myself lucky to have gotten anything, I was trying for 2 of 'em and managed to get one.

Wrt “short runs,” I know they posted that at least one (the signature Aotus colourway) only had 4 pieces in it.

1 Like

I got lucky and scored one of the 4 Signature Aotus. Now I see it reads that it will be a member only release later on too. So did I just buy something that will be available anyway in a month or two? Should have tried for something else maybe if that’s the case.

3 Likes

Feeling buyers remorse? I’d take that signature off your hands if you wanna grab it at a later date. Just a thought :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yea it’s quite insane. I was trying for an omnibus 2018 but got screwed out of it when paying.

2 Likes

haha yeah thats pretty much how it goes.

Don’t feel bad… anything you score at a MFD drop is great. And if you don’t like it you can easily move it along on bst… i think your first drop was pretty successful if you got a 1 of 4. The future runs might not have his signature or might not actually come around. Plus its a AOTUS. U done good my friend.

3 Likes

Thanks for the generous offer… I think I’ll hang onto it for now and see what comes of any possible future release of it.

Thanks for the encouraging words. I think you’re right, to come away with anything is fortunate. Maybe they will alter any future release slightly to make these 4 a little more unique.

No buyer remorse here!

2 Likes