EDM!

that doent get old. skrillex does! ive heard scary monster and nice sprites like 100 times

The closest stuff to edm that I listen too is Daft Punk (love em) and Ratatat (really love em!) and I like to hear some Skrillex and Deadmau5 at a rave but I don’t listen to it at home or on my ipod or anything.

I know that Boards of Canada’s not going to be most people’s cup of tea but I suggest trying them I really enjoy them.

I LOVE BOC. SO MY CUP OF TEA. YES!

1 Like

bump

Deadmau5 is legit

Monstercat eats DeadMau5 for breakfast. (GEDDIT???)

he is, but since his music is really repetitive, listening to it for more than 30 make you want to die.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU5434lQmQc

Ason ID is Fantastic and no one knows who he is! This is a collab he made with Echokick.

Omg, new Ephixa track. Ephixa is the best EDM artist, hands down.

Mind Blown. But really heavy for Ephixa.

These guys are legit.

Necro.

I like this thread.

But anyways, Deadmau5, Feed Me, Skrillex. Da top 3.

Røyksopp is probably one of the most internationally recognized Norwegian artists. Most of their work isn’t really dance music. They have a lot of downtempo and ambient stuff that really won’t work well in a club. They have done lots of stuff that could be classified as EDM though. It’s good to see that some artists in the electronic field do make varied music.

Saw Bassnectar in concert not long ago, amazing show.

Back into DnB lately, High Contrast, TC, Netsky, and many others.

Oh, and the Andy C remix of Major Lazer’s Get Free is AMAZING.

Yeah I like when an artist does something new.

Also you think you think you could help me pronounce their name correctly (I know I’m saying it wrong). xD

Gettin’ into Danger as of late, though I admit I find it nearly impossible to keep track of which songs I have and haven’t listened to due to the naming.

I’ve been listening to a lot of Chillstep recently. It’s sort of a combination of ambient fills, dubstep drums, and a few other melodies played over the top. CMA makes some amazing tracks and Fndmntl makes some great mixes.

The letter “Ø” is found in Norway and Denmark (Sweden and Finland use Ö, along with Germany, still producing the same sound). The letter is a vowel which sounds like the vowel in the word “word”. The consonant R is pronounced with a rolling sound (the closest example to English is in some Scottish dialects). The letter Y functions as a consonant the same way is in “yellow”. The vowel sound in “sopp” is har to explain. The best I can think of at 1:30 AM is to take the vowel from the word “saw” and shorten it. The letter O in Norwegian used in front of a double consonant equates to the shorter version of the vowel Å which is pretty close to the vowel in “saw”.

This is the best I can deliver late night. Google translate’s audio isn’t that far away actually. Try translating the words “smoke” and “mushroom” separately to get an Idea of how the individual vowels and consonants are pronounced. I would like to point out that google’s pronounciation of “sopp” is pretty terrible.

1 Like