Edition News: Aspen PSA! Please read!

Yesterday was an exciting day. Aspens have made it stateside and into our hands.
QC has started.

For pre-order folks: Adrian received his batch of photos to sign for you all, but has a family trip prior to getting around to that. We are also actively printing your cases as well.

If you’re someone who NEEDS the Aspen ASAP and you cannot wait the additional time/don’t care about additional goodies (case + signed photo), please reach out with your order number and I will get these out ASAP. We will make the case publicly available at a later date for those who have a 3D printer at home.

For everyone else. Pre-orders are closed at this point. The production listing will go live after pre-orders have shipped and a final stock count is available.

Final weight was 67g.

16 Likes

Beauties!

A late night announcement:

We have a single B-grade Aspen. Its pink :slightly_smiling_face: and the wonderful Mag did the artwork for it.

Check the site and you will find the project page (making sure we follow the rules in here)

The link will go live at a random time and it will be left to a first come first serve basis. Admittedly this is not the best way to handle this but good luck!

4 Likes

What is/are the reason(s) it is a ‘b’ grade?

1 Like

From the site: “b-graded due to nail vibe which was below the A-grade standard.”

Looks like it’s sold, which is good, because I absolutely don’t need to spend that on throws right now.

Just some nail vibe which was outside of our spec.

B-grade categorization can range from vibe, anodizing flaws (yet to encounter this), engraving flaws.

The initial QC quickly determines “A-grade”, “B-grade” and “A minus grade” conditions. “A minus grade” yo-yo’s are typically related to basic tuning issues: Dirty bearing, bearing seat needed to be wiped down post machining, or just how it aligned up when screwed together. B-grades get half swapped and re-tuned assuming we have others to match them with. If we don’t then b-grades get listed on the site for a reduced price.

One of the main perks with working with FPM is their already tight QC from factory. Gives us as the brand peace of mind but also means we have way less b-grades to put out.

2 Likes

I pre-ordered mine and it arrived over a week ago. I’d say it’s prob among the best yoyos I’ve ever tried. Also, you can sticker them!

It’s so powerful, one of the handful of yoyos that seem to keep its power high even after a long combo. Even after a 30 second combo, it seems to have the power of most other bimetals in the market after a 10 second combo.

It’s heavy upon throw and at the end of the string, but after the first throw it moves extremely well, almost like a 64g yoyo. This is a yoyo that wants you to keep moving and it’s phenomenal. Go buy one! I think it’s worth every penny.

13 Likes

Thank you for the kind words Joo and I’m glad to see it’s found a home along your collection.

As an update, pre-orders have started shipping, there were a portion of folks who reached out and declined the 3D printed case in order to get their orders sooner.

We are printing about 4-6 cases a day with the machine running for the whole day/night. I will be leaving on Wednesday night for worlds but will try my best to get as many of these out prior to that!

During worlds we will also drop the remainder of the Aspen stock. Shipping will resume after I am back

4 Likes

got mine in over the weekend, actually an insane yoyo, been excited for it for a long time and it delivered on the hype that I remembered from trying out the prototype

Plays close to the Palp ES but with just a straight up better string feel and more maneuverability.

shoutout mr dressel and edition

14 Likes

What a long many months it has been.

I am happy to announce that Aspen drops today! If you’re at worlds please feel free to try one before you buy one but we are confident you will like it regardless :slight_smile:

10 Likes

PSA: For those who have picked up Aspens, please avoid using NSK bearings. There is a tolerance mismatch and it will slowly wear away at your bearing seat!

While not all colors/finishes may be affected by this, we want this to be public information.

NSK is a popular brand for their smooth bearings but it is also known to run tighter especially when looking at their Platinum line.

Sorry for the inconvenience, this is a new issue that has just been found.

source: @fradiger

To clarify, the Aspen ships with stock factory bearings so this should not present an issue when using normal bulk bearings.

I am doing my best to personally reach out to all of those who have ordered but due to fighting COVID atm it might take me a day or two.

20 Likes

Now I can legitimately threaten people with “I’ll put an nsk in your aspen”

7 Likes

$20 was never so powerful as it was at that moment

3 Likes

A seriously beautiful YoYo.

2 Likes

Hello! I didn’t recieve the pre-ordered Aspen
yet. Do you send an email with tracking when you send it? Cheers!

Yep! International orders are slowly going out. And should be out by the end of the week.

All US orders are out as of this morning

Great, thank you!

1 Like