A new perspective

Since acquiring a yoyorecreation GOPA, I’ve become fascinated with the notion that a unique yoyo design is capable of changing one’s perspective on/perception of more typical yoyo designs so drastically. Throwing the GOPA for any appreciable amount of time before taking my other dailies for a spin is pretty wild - it makes everything else feel new and different.

The only other yoyos I have retained in my collection that come close to the perspective shift that the GOPA manages are the TP Collapsar and RSO Bowl XL - but with these two it’s more of a “baseball bat weight” effect, as the designs sort of brute force their way into the realm of “unique” by being heavier and bigger than just about everything else.

What yoyos do you own that are capable of making the rest of your collection feel “new and different”?

16 Likes

Interesting question. I have a pretty eclectic collection and I jump around frequently because I enjoy the perspective shifts. The only one that stands completely apart is the FRS Black Canon.

7 Likes

Wonderful observation!

I feel this way about my Atmos Pomelo.

4 Likes

The RBC and a wooden unresponsive from Spinworthy

4 Likes

My Dressel Designs Assassin does this for me. I think it’s both the size and material.

2 Likes

I will say the Atmos Aria and doing horizontal with a 68 gram yoyo is enlightening. First throw that I didn’t want to go to bed, so I could continue throwing it.

10 Likes

With a heavy bias, I recommend OPYoyos, Jordan is constantly pushing designs and making something new. 543 is a 54 x 54 yoyo, spright is an ultralight performance bimetal, balloon is 66mm diameter giant with a 63g weight.

Mark over at MK1 has also made some cool stuff like the red blood cell

5 Likes

Agree. Jordan makes it, I buy it. Majority of the time.

3 Likes

Perspective shifts you say?

For me that would be the YYF 44.

3 Likes

Love this one

1 Like

Ahhh - Unavailable. :frowning:

1 Like

I think the one throw that managed that was my Kraken. I miss that throw dearly and it really did make everything else feel so different after giving it the first toss. Hopefully soon I’ll have another in the collection.

1 Like

It’s in stock here:

Hopefully this link is okay since Andre also owns A2Z Science.

4 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes