Edgeless by Evan Nagao & YoYoFactory

I kind of hope that same thing that happened to the edge happens to the edgeless. Could you imagine? The Edgless, the Monster Edgless, Infinite Edgless. Maybe a bi-metal called the Not So Edgless.

4 Likes

Iā€™m actually hoping that other players get a chance to develop their own lines. Would love to see more evolutions of the Shutter (still holding out hope for a true bimetal Shutter even though itā€™ll probably never happen), and really hoping that Bettyā€™s yoyo isnā€™t a one off.

No hate to Evanā€”I own an Edge 1.5, Beyond, Kedge, Wedge, Poly Edge (the hybrid one) and Iā€™ll probably buy the Edgeless at some pointā€”but I think I just have Edge brand fatigue atm.

2 Likes

I couldā€™ve sworn I heard that thereā€™s a bi-metal shutter in the works. Maybe it was a dream?

Iā€™m right there with you in wanting that though. At least give the WA a 7068 update!

2 Likes

Nah I remember seeing something too. And Gentry teased something big coming, I canā€™t imagine what else it could be.

1 Like

Trimetal Shutter Wide Angle!!!

2 Likes

More like bimetal Shutter with trimetal styling.

4 Likes

But the Horizion ultra was ehmmmmmm ā€¦ very unsuccessful.
(Alot of people liked ND over ND ultra too.

1 Like

I think Nate used the 6061 at worlds too.

1 Like

4 Likes

Now thatā€™s what Iā€™m talking about

1 Like

If 7068 is done correctly thereā€™s room for an awesome design to be made.

I donā€™t think the ND Ultra was executed correctly.

1 Like

Iā€™d probably enjoy the ultra more based on feedback Iā€™ve seen. Sounds like it plays a bit lighter and faster.

@yyfben2.deactivated next we need a Shutter Fisheye to complement the Edgeless in Organic bulbous design.

2 Likes

Love how smooth this thing looks! Great looking throw!

3 Likes

So now that I have my ā€œaquaā€ Edgeless, I would say that this image (from the product banner) is what it looks like to the naked eye IRL:

edgeless

It may even be a little bit lighter. It is more of a baby blue than your typical YYF aqua IMO.

5 Likes

You hit that fingerspin with the edgeless yet @zslane?

Iā€™ve never tried fingerspins (ever), but it looks like it would be great for them.

1 Like

Iā€™m down for infinite edgeless

The fact that I donā€™t see Edge Infinite on that list makes me sad. Bettyā€™s yo-yo should be able to hold me off though

1 Like

Comparison with an aqua Edge:

Just look at all the hues that the Edgeless finish picks up across its contours. The point of this comparison is not to try and show the Edgelessā€™ true color (thatā€™s just not possible in my apartment), but rather to show how different it is from what YYF calls aqua for other yoyos.

12 Likes