Edgeless by Evan Nagao & YoYoFactory

This is what we need Garrett more crap average generic photos! So we can tell what it REALLY looks like! :wink:

(I kid, I kid 
 but seriously it might be good to include an “underlighted” official photo in addition to the “extremely well lighted, official” photos to address this concern?)

5 Likes

I did the Edgeless photos and I’m definitely guilty of going for ‘glamour’ over accuracy. I’ll own that. :joy:

In proper lighting I’ll still argue my main photos on white background are good. Lol. :wink:

12 Likes

When I do an image searches for a yo-yo I consistently find the YYE photos are the best.

6 Likes

I put this yo-yo on my list to keep an eye on. I’ve been wanting a modern organic to compare to my past experiences. If the new Good Life mono is really organic I’ll probably change my mind about it but I’m pretty sure a 60$ YYF would sate that desire just as well as some obscure boutique organic.

2 Likes

Everyone is calling this a YYF release when the descriptions say that it is a Basecamp collab between them and Caribou Lodge. Doesn’t seem fair to just call it a YYF release.

1 Like

I dont understand Basecamp.

3 Likes

That’s because it’s fun

Jk <3 U Glen!

It’s basically a way for certain companies to collaborate on projects that would otherwise be out of their wheelhouse.

1 Like

The way I see it, Basecamp is like a club of yoyo companies that collaborate in making yoyos by pooling their ideas and resources. Anybody who knows more could either clarify or elaborate.

2 Likes

The real question is who has the minerals to edit the title of André’s post

Not I.

Andre can do what he wants, im not touching a post of his on his own forum, lol. It’s just that I see everyone labeling this as a YYF release, and im not sure if it is quite accurate. Clarification is needed tbh.

3 Likes

It may have something to do with the fact that it is a signature model from a player sponsored by YYF. I dont know for sure, that would just make sense to me.

2 Likes

Yes, but if this in fact a collaboration, then it should be advertised as such.

1 Like

Watch @Evan_Nagao unbox, talk and play with the Edgeless. This also contains sneak peeks of the new Wedge colors.

10 Likes

Is it just me or does Evan use a suuuper long string?

6 Likes

Yeah it’s a CHEST level string.

Wow. I’d manage to get totally tangled up in that much string.

He does. He’s one of the very few players that can justify using long string with his tricks imo.

6 Likes

^this. Its extremely hard to make long string look good, off the top of my head only Evan and Charles come to mind, maybe Rojas uses medium-long string but not as long as the other two.

3 Likes

I believe that Basecamp started off as a collaboration between YYF and CLYW, but has now expanded to include companies such as Mowl, and SF. So I guess it’s unclear as to whether or not each company is involved with collaborations or what constitutes a yoyo to be a “Basecamp” release.

2 Likes

Ooooh a Yoyofactory yoyo that I am actually interested in :slight_smile:

1 Like