Edge infinity thread

Anyone have leaks of Edge Infinity information?

6 Likes

Why havenā€™t I made this thread yet? If it really is the edge infinite I named it so thatā€™s cool

3 Likes

First of all is it Edge Infinite or Edge Infinity

2 Likes

Itā€™s between ultimate (ew just no) and Infinite. I came up with infinite and Evan likes ultimate. Everyone seems to like infinite more though

1 Like

I kid you not, EVERY single video or photo of the edge infinite I have saved on my phone. I have never been so hyped for a yo-yo (other then the moose of course, nothing will top that day)

3 Likes

I played the one Evan used on stage at WYYC. It plays likeā€¦ you are driving a gaint tank but it has decent speed. I never played anything that has a similar feeling tbh.

13 Likes

Thatā€™sā€¦ not good?

3 Likes

Gaint tanks are cool.

10 Likes

To be clear, I am not making fun of the typo at all, I think any yo-yo described as a ā€œgiant tankā€ really canā€™t be good!

3 Likes

why not

1 Like

Yes, I like the name Edge ā€˜Infiniteā€™. But in the end whatever they name this, I will still buy it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In the end weā€™ve seen how it played during the 2019 WYYC when Evan used it. I do not think that it is a heavy, reluctant mover at all.

3 Likes

Have you played it?

1 Like

The only Edge ive ever tried is the 1.5, and even that one feels a bit like a tank probably in the way @Mazdarx7FD is describing. It is more intangible than ā€˜oh tanks are slow and unwieldy, so this yoyo must play like a rockā€™. I get what he is saying. The Edge is the only straight up W shape yoyo I have, and it might just be a characteristic of the shape, and that thing is an EXTREME W.

2 Likes

I have not played with it - I just looked at how it played during the 2019 WYYC. Also yoyoexport conducted an instagram live interview with Evan Nagao last night and he described briefly how it plays. It also has a hollow area internally to save weight and compensate for the heavy rims. TBH, my thoughts is its probably an evolution of the Edge Beyond.

1 Like

well, if it feels like a tank, at. least you can expect it to have a metric ton of rim weight.

From what Iā€™ve seen, those rims are HUUUUUGE

1 Like

Since I played it for 20+ minute here is the overview. It feels really hefty but moves above a medium pace when pushed. The speed is decent. I would say the rim weight and pure power is less than I thought. It has alot of momentum/flow. The yoyo have alot of flow it carries you instead of you carry the yoyo. This is just me trying for 20+ mins and itā€™s also a prototype. It has a really unique feel.

14 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

This reeeealllllllyyyyyy needs a release date and or price

2 Likes

I expect it to be even more pricey than the beyond.

1 Like