Easy Fixed Axle Tricks

that was sick and smooth.

3 Likes

Can’t believe I never thought of this. Thanks for this fun trick :slight_smile:

Nice thread. I was throwing a butterfly earlier today, and tricks like these are just perfect for the task.

3 Likes

They are no lawnmower, but I’m having fun!

3 Likes

Thank you @EOS44! Accolades from you mean more than you know. You’ve been quite the inspiration!

2 Likes

Honest question: is there a way to pin/save a thread for later? I love playing with my TMBR so this thread is a gold mine, and I know if I just favorite it in my browser I’ll totally forget about it lol. Just curious if this forum has a feature like that.

1 Like

At the bottom of the page there is a drop down menu. Change it from normal to watching. You will get a notification anytime there is a new post added. Thats the only way I know of.

3 Likes

Palm Stall with Wrap

1.Throw a breakaway and proceed like you are going into a 1.5

1. Instead of 1.5 let the sting land on the back of your throw hand and let the yoyo come around like you are going to do a palm stall.

2. As the yoyo swings around your hand let it pass through the triangle formed by the string and continue around your throw hand again.

3. As it continues the wrap around your hand you’ll need to allow the string to slide which will make the string coming off your throw hand a bit longer and will make the triangle a bit smaller.

4. After you let the string slide and as the yoyo comes around the 2nd time give it a tug and some slack so it will respond and wind up in a palm stall with a wrap around your hand.

5. Regen the yoyo and let it unwrap and pass back through the triangle.

6. Give it slack and it’ll wind back up. Then catch.

11 Likes

Holy cow! You’re seriously my hero. Never thought of these types of combos. I still can’t even land your first trick regularly but this is a great thread you created. Thanks again.

2 Likes

That is clever. that has some sorious potential for linking it into more tricks.

5 Likes

Agree there’s a lot there. I like this variation with an unwrap/drop to GT (which honestly would be cool as a 1a palm grind if you were quick).
Smart element!

12 Likes

Thanks for the cool variation @edhaponik!!! That drop to GT is very satisfying!

Here is another similar variation I’ve been working on that goes to the GT from a palm stall. No wrap required. I’m sure you already came up with this years ago though…

1. Throw a breakaway to a Palm Stall

2. Bring the back string down into the gap of the yoyo.

3. Flip your throw hand over and let the string loop slide off of your hand. This will drop you into a Green Triangle.

4. Uncross your arms to flip the Green Triangle.

5. Pop out the FRONT and regen then catch (This is probably the hardest part of the trick)

13 Likes

Today’s easy 0A occurred to me while practicing the @drewtetz trick Bounce House. Similar motion, but done from a 1.5 instead of a 2.0

Half Bounce House

1. Throw a breakaway and go into a 1.5 stall.

2. Regen, and pinch the string with your throw hand.

3. Let the yoyo come around your throw hand and land in a brother stall, but the string will be on your throw hand thumb instead of your index finger.

4. Repeat!

10 Likes

Today’s easy 0A is an element I stumbled across then saw in part of a @drewtetz trick.

Reverse Brother Stall

1. Throw a breakaway and do a pinwheel (pinwheel not required, but seems to make the trick easier)

2. Reach your throw hand across your body and press into the string with a finger.

3. Land the stall on the string nearest your throw hand finger. You will be in like a frontstyle trapeze and brother mount, but your non throw hand index finger will be reversed and pointing in towards your body.

4. Dismount

10 Likes

Easy variation of 1.5 stall. Will show how to go from this to a GT in the next video.

Backside 1.5

1. Throw a breakaway

2. Proceed like you are going into a 1.5 stall

3. Instead of doing a 1.5 stall where the string is around your throw hand index finger, let the string come around the back of your hand and tug so it stalls over your hand. The string coming off the yoyo will be behind the string connected to your throw hand finger.

4. Dismount

7 Likes

This one builds off the previous video. Couldn’t find it, but feel like this one may be on Ed’s or Bandalores Instagram somewhere. If so let me know please. Otherwise I’ll call it:

Stop, Drop, and UnRoll

1. Throw a breakaway and go into a backside 1.5 stall (See previous video)

2. Flip you hands over and let the yoyo Roll across the back of your throw hand.

3. After the roll, the yoyo will naturally fall into a green triangle, but your arms will be crossed.

4. Uncross your arms and pop out the front to regen and dismount. Pinching the string with your throw hand to kinda shorten the string when you regen seems to make it easier to get it to return.

8 Likes

The arm cross to zipper style regen element is awkward at first, but feels nice once you’ve got it down.

1.5 unwrap to GT

1. Throw a breakaway and stall into a 1.5

2. Cross your arms and do a zipper style regen back to your throw side.

3. This sets you up to stall into a GT

4. Pop out the front and regen to dismount

11 Likes

A silly one that is weirdly satisfying…

Eli Leg Stall

1. Throw a breakaway and let the yoyo swing back to your throw hand side.

2. Lift your leg on your throw hand side and let the string hit your leg.

3. Let the yoyo come around your leg just a bit then move your throw hand toward your leg. This feels just like the Eli hop motion where your throw hand moves to make the yoyo continue on a certain trajectory. The longer you let the yoyo come around your leg the more angle your “hop” will have.

4. Pull the yoyo back under your leg being careful not to let it respond then swing it back to your non throw hand side into a trapeze stall.

5. Dismount or continue into other tricks.

8 Likes

How did I miss this entire thread? Got a couple days of hard yard work ahead of me but this whole thread is my Monday mission.

7 Likes

Felt like filming a trick at the beach this morning. Call this one wrap, flop, and bounce. Not that easy really, but feels good.

1. Throw a breakaway and do a wrap around your throw hand.
  2. After the wrap let the yoyo come around to your no throw hand and intercept string with non throw hand index finger and land into a weird hand wrapped double or nothing stall.
  3. To get out toss the yoyo up and let it do one complete flip. As it flips it’ll pass between the strings. Regen it out as it falls through the “basket”.
  4. Let the yoyo swing around your throw hand and then catch in a stall with the string around your throw hand thumb.
  5. Regen from here into a double or nothing stall and unwrap to complete the trick.
11 Likes

Having just started 0a…this is for the coming days now my favorite thread.

6 Likes