Easy Fixed Axle Tricks

Any idea what yoyo Dennis is using for this trick? The sleep time and his plane control is on another level!!!

4 Likes

He played Hummingbirds

http://www.yoyomuseum.com/museum_view.php?action=view&subaction=exhibit&exhibitid=115

4 Likes

I just repeatedly cranked the lawn mower on my daily walk to the post office. Now I gotta learn to cut the grass! Great trick!

3 Likes

Well you’re doing better than I did when I came up with it! It took me a lot of reps to get the right speed on the pull to get it to come back up, but not come back up too hard. Then I practiced going slow then fast, so the motion looked as accurate as possible.

Certainly looks like that yoyo, but I thought it came out that he used a Roller Woody?

2 Likes

From the comments of the video;

Dennis McBride
[10 years ago]
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqz4xXkmEGo&lc=UgwAhbebPfb7hCn-jD94AaABAg)

@daimyoyo Hello daimyoyo - Thanks for viewing and commenting on this video. Just for clarification, I used a standard Yomega Raider for this trick. I painted the outside caps fluorescent orange so they would film better against the black background. What you see from the side shot is a standard gap Raider (clear plastic) and the painted caps, which gives the illusion of a butterfly style yo-yo. Happy yoing!

7 Likes

Still super impressive, but would have been absolutely insane on the Hummingbird! I’m sure he could have done a version on the Hummingbird, but with fewer reps of the barrel rolls.

3 Likes

TMBR EH 18 in Rainbow Spectreply is my all around favorite

5 Likes

My favorite is heavier than what most people might prefer: the Spinworthy Ballsy in hickory. Actually I have two, and I’m not sure which one I like best.

2 Likes

Though I’m certain I’m not the first to do this, here is another satisfying one that occurred to me the other day. Hope you guys dig it.

Backside Pinwheel to Trapeze Stall.

1. Throw a breakaway and place your non throw hand like you are going to do a very large pinwheel.

2. Shift your body forward and your non throw hand backward to give yourself room to do the pinwheel on the backside instead of the front.

3. After pinwheel give it some slack and wind up to a trapeze stall

This same concept can be done with a backside around the world too!

8 Likes

Dude! Very cool! Your 2/2 on satisfying easy tricks to grab on this 0A train!. Thank you again!

1 Like

That’s tough one as I like them all. The 2019 TMBR Irving is a solid go to, but the new PockeHt checks all the boxes, however today I have a Legend Wing laced with some Type-8 cotton in my pocket. If I’m pushing 1A the Spinworthy Harbingers have the RPMS and can handle hard power throws. For pure finesse I have a stained Elfverson & Co Kalmar Trissan that has some dreamy vibes when its paired with Royal Top Egyptian Cotton.

7 Likes

Thank you @AKYOYOMIKE!!! I’ve got more to come!!!

All aboard this 0A train!!!

3 Likes

Here is another one I’m sure I’m not the first to do. I feel like my subconscious mind has seen this before, but couldn’t find a tutorial on it so here goes.

Undermount Undercut

1. Throw a forward sleeper and pull up into an undermount stall

2. Flip the yoyo back like you are going to land into a trapeze stall and undercut the string. The spin will be going backwards though so you’ll need to use your knees and kinda cradle the yoyo when you catch it. Don’t pull to tight or it’ll fall right off the trapeze.

3. Roll off over your throw hand and regen into a double or nothing stall.

4. Dismount

11 Likes

3/3 my friend! I actually landed that flip the first time! Very cool! Thank you!

1 Like

Today’s easy 0A trick. Feels gud.

Palm Stall

1. Throw a break away and place your non throw hand Index like you’re going into a 1.5.

2. Instead of going into a 1.5 let the string hit the back of your throw hand and let the yoyo come around your hand.

3. Once the yoyo comes around your throw hand give it some slack and let it wind up into a stall on your palm.

4. Dismount

9 Likes

Today’s easy OA trick.

NTH Lunar with a Wrap

1. Throw a trapeze stall

2. Dismount trapeze stall like you are going into an undermount but use your middle finger and go into a Lunar Landing with your non-throw hand.

3. Take the string from your throw hand and wrap it around the yoyo.

4. Unroll the wrap as you dismount.

11 Likes

Sunday 0A

POP and STOP

1. Throw a double or nothing.

2. Do a pop

3. Let it wind up into a double or nothing stall

4. Dismount

13 Likes

Brilliant, Pop Stalls :clap:, I’ll have to give these a go, lots of variation potential.

3 Likes

Thanks! It’s a satisfying little element.

2 Likes

You’re so creative with these!

3 Likes