How to do Stalls

does anyone know of a tutrorial or have advise on how to do a stall like in the video for the ILYY Fury video? it starts at :20 sec on the video. sorry, i dont know how to post video so your going to have to go to the ILYY Fury page in the shop section. :-[ Thanks!

bumpy

Hey man bump at least every day but not 2 times in one.

i did a little tutorial on responsive stalls awhile back. that guy is binding into the stalls, but it’s really the same thing. just gotta intercept the string with your finger and give the yo-yo a spot on the string to land.

7 Likes

10 year old topic getting bumped to the top? Sorry, but it’s worth it.

Thanks for posting this video…10 years ago :joy:. I’ve been trying to figure out responsive stalls lately and ended up with trapeze every time. Found this video through the forum search; I’m not sure what’s different about this video compared to all the other stall videos I’ve watched but this one just clicked for me. After watching it late last night I got my first stall with my old Fireball today. To make sure it wasn’t a fluke I then did stalls with my Butterfly XT, FHZ, FH2, and Whip. Whew, success! I learned something today :+1:

Hopefully someone else can learn from it as well after this 10 y/o bump haha.

8 Likes

A bump to the top lets everyone who’s current on the forums check out this awesome tutorial! :smiley: Worth it indeed!

5 Likes

amazing how a 10 year old video link still works :0

3 Likes

OMG, amazing bump!
Moreover this is an incredible tutorial. Thank you Ed. Just loving my deepstate at the moment, especially down the beach.

2 Likes

Now do a kickflip!

2 Likes

Haha I love that this is still out there and that people are still getting something out of it. Tfw one of your key contributions to yoyoing is a spontaneous video you filmed in 1 take with crazy hair and your kid’s potty in the background!

I remember the first Trapeze stall I hit (on purpose lol) in my kitchen around 2006. To think of how many rad things people have done with the concept and how fixed/responsive has changed since then blows my mind. :raised_hands:

7 Likes

Emergency fixed axle Sunday funday!!!

2 Likes

Funny you should mention kickflips. I played for about an hour after posting here practicing kickflips and finally landed one. Yeah it was sloppy, but I’ll take it!

4 Likes