I am looking at a dv888 or a Hectic as my next yo-yo. Which one should I get? Which one do you reccomend most? And if I get a Hectic, should I get a small bearing or a large bearing? Vote above. Thanks for you reccomendations!
- What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
- What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
- What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)
- Do you like to mod/maintain it?
- What weight is ideal to you?
- Does color matter?
- How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?)
- What is your price range?
- What is your skill level?
- What size do you prefer? Not to small, Not to big.
- What shape do you prefer? Dv888 or Hectic Shape.
- What response do you prefer? No preference.
- Do you like to mod/maintain it? I will not mod it.
- What weight is ideal to you? Probably Light.
- Does color matter? No.
- How does your style relate to the yoyo? 1A.
- What is your price range? $50-$70.
- What is your skill level? Advanced 1, Unresponsive.
That is very helpful…
The only Big difference is the Shape.
Diameter 1.97 inches
Width 1.37 inches
Response YoYoFactory GM K-Pad
Weight 65 grams
Diameter 1.97 inches
Width 1.6 inches
Response YoYoFactory K-Pad
Weight 66 grams
DV888 is a bigger, has regular K-pads while Hectic has GM K-pads, and DV888 is 1 gram heavier.
I love my hectic LB. It came very unresponsive with slippy binds so I put another GM k-pad in there and it is awesome. And the dv888 Does have Gm kpads, because I did the same to my friends dv888. The hectic is a very unique shape that seperates it from other yoyos, and it plays great for me.
i dont think you can find a dv888 anymore unless you look under bst. but i like the dv888 more. the hectic feels a little funny to me. i like hectic shape and dv888 shape but i like the dv888 more, and the dv888 can thumb grind better. you can find a new hectic for sale but not a new dv888. they are limited stock. (correct me if im wrong) i dont think they will restock the dv888 and if they do it will probalbly be a long time. so unless you know a place where they still have dv888s, id go with the hectic, unless you want to get a used dv888 on bst. but if you have a chance to get a new hectic, id go for it! (i own a dv888 and i love it!!!) like i said, the hectic will be easier to find.
Hectic Small Bearing. Hectic is stated to have a more,“solid” feel than the Dv888. Small Bearings are better than Large Bearings because it provides a more stable spin and are easier to bind with from a snap start. They are very good. I’d reccommend this to any player.