Dv888 Review

I got the Dv888 about a month ago, and I really love it now.

First Look
I opened the box with excitement and looked inside the box! And there was the awsome Dv888 in the box. I went on to getting the Dv888 out of the smaller box that has the Dv888 in it.( about 3 min later). I got the Dv888 out of the box. I have no Idea how they put it in there but it’s stuck when you try to get it out so you will end up destroying the box. Finally I take a look at it. The first thing I thought is" WHAT THE HECK IS WITH THIS ENORMOUS GAP!!!" . That also made me want to throw this right now.

Play
I put on the green string that came with it. and threw it. Then right away I did 3 matrix. With my X-convict, I usually did about 3 matrixs and then bind back normally. Then when I bind with the Dv888 … SNAP! OOOOOWWWWWW!!! I couldn’t believe it, it still had a lot more spin time to do more tricks.
Then I did a wrist whip, because that was the trick I was in middle of learning back then. The I went into a Green Triangle.Suddenly I had this stupid feeling about doing a green triangle suicide and I think you know what happens when you miss a green triangle suicide. So it did it. This also impressed me too. I actually succeeded. From that I noticed that The Dv888 if really good for suicides! From all of that I got overwhelmed by the Dv888.

Bad Parts
Spec Bearing Fail, If you know what I mean by that. The spec bearing sucked. So I really recommend to buy a different bearing for it. Because most Spec Bearing fails.

Preferences
Diameter:1.97"
Width:1.6"
Response System:K-Pad ( They are not Kentaro Pads)
Weight:66 grams
Bearing Size:Size C
Gap: I think it is about 4.2~5mm
Annodized

Overall
I think Dv888 is a awsome yoyo and a great start to buying Metal yoyos! And If you like to suicide ( no, not that way.) then I highly recommend the Dv888.

Whats wrong with SPEC’s? They’re amazing bearings.

I really don’t know. The first few times I useded it. it was awsome. but later it started to get responsive, so I decided to take off the caps on the bearing and it is way less responsive, It was also the same with my friends genisis. and Yes I did clean the bearing. It’s pretty good now but, I feel when I first threw it it was way faster.

Yeah I’ve had similar problems with SPEC bearings. It seems to be a hit-or-miss. Some fail right out of the box while others are amazing. Seems to be the luck of the draw. I’ve found that deshielding and cleaning them is usually effective, but it’s still a bit shocking that such an amazing company could suffer so much in quality control of the bearings they ship with. I prefer Center Tracs anyway, so it’s not too big a deal.

BTW I want some comments on the review, this is my first on ever so I want to know what I should Improve on :smiley:

Oh yeah, that would help right ;D. It was definitely a good first review. I would give more details on the overall feel during play and how it performs in other types of trick scenarios. Does it play fast or is it better for smoother, flowing tricks? How does the shape affect play? Does it float on the string or is it bulky and rim-weighted? Is it easy or difficult to catch the string in slack maneuvers, in hops, or in chopsticks? How is it on grinds? How did you find the response system compared to other types of responses? What was the impression you got from the packaging and the appearance of the yo-yo itself? These are the kinds of things you want to keep in mind while writing a comprehensive review.

Again, you did a good job. Most people are probably more than satisfied with the information you included. I don’t know if you have read any of my reviews, but those suggestions I made are all of the things that turn my reviews into 8-pagers :P. So depending on if you want to keep things concise and simple or go more lengthy and in-depth, pick and choose which topics you’d like to address. After all, a review is ultimately your impression. So keep 'em coming and we’ll keep reading!

Oh, and the DV888 is not beadblasted - just a straight anodize.

1 Like

O, it’s not bead blasted?, it really looked like so. :o Thanks
and also thanks for some tips. ;D