dv888 questions

well i ordered a dv888. its my first yoyo and i realy wana get into this kinda stuff so i borrowed my friends yomega gamma brain wing to practice. i started off with something simple a trapese, and my god it is soo hard to do. do u think it will be much easier to do with a dv888?

tricks like trapeze will be easier with the DV888 due the huge bering gap, but the DV888 is not tug responsive, you have to know how to bind return to get the maximum goodness out of the DV888. So if you haven’t learnt how to bind go do it. Its not that hard.

the dv888 would be easy to land in a trapeez

tricks like trapeze will be easier with the DV888 due the huge bering gap, but the DV888 is not tug responsive, you have to know how to bind return to get the maximum goodness out of the DV888. So if you haven’t learnt how to bind go do it. Its not that hard.

why you copying the second guy above you?

in my opinion all yomega yoyos are horrlible and the dv888 is good so yes it will be easier

the dv888 is better for trapeze. i never have thrown a dv888 but comeon! i mean anythings better than those cheap yomegas! you should get a hybrid or double o ring yoyojam to practice. use your dv888 when you get good enough for binds

It should be able to be landed easier, but the Dv88 is unresponsive, like others above me have said. If your trying to learn how to do a trapeze most likely you haven’t got into binding yet, so if you want to bring out the Dv888’s full potential you have to learn binding.

A trapeze would be easy to land on a Dv888 sicnce its a butterfly shape. First learn how to bind to be able to use the Dv888. I learned how to bind on the Hyper Warp Wing which is a good yoyo to learn all tricks up to the Advanced section. I reccomend that to begin with and the Dv888 can get you through the more advanced tricks. Thats just my opinion though

Well it is easier as mention above why.(gap) But if you keep practising you will eventually land a trapeze with most yoyos. I say you can land a trapeze on that yomega. I used to have a yotech( SUPER SUKY YOYO, not ball bearing.trans axle) And i can land a trapeze 80% of the time because i practise that trick alot of times. Before your dv888 comes just keep practising :slight_smile:

Practice practice practice. Follow Andre’s tutorial. If you have some specific questions, feel free to PM me.

Yomega yoyos are good yoyos. You can diss their company all you want, but don’t diss their yoyos. You may personally not like them, but they rock if the yoyo you’re using is in line with your preferences (doesn’t even have to fulfill that requirement).

You can do a lot of tricks that that Brain that you have. However, if you’re already getting the DV888, you might as well watch the binding video a few times so you can work on that when it gets to you.

only thing is that, while learning to bind, remember that the best bind is relative to the spin of the yoyo. Andre mentions this in the video briefly, but i never caught it and it took me a while to learn to do it right.

a breakaway throw has the opposite spin of a front throw, so you bind differently depending on the throw you start with.

It will certainly be much easier with your dv888. I would recommend learning a few basic tricks and mounts with your old yoyo before starting up with the dv888. It will make learning bind returns much easier.

I realize this thread is a little old but I figure my question is pretty in line with the OP’s question so I’ll give it a shot. I recently purchased a dv888 as well and it will not bind. I can bind on all my other yoyos, but the dv888 just slides right on down the string without catching a bit. Any ideas what the problem is? Me? Should I get different pads?

make the loop of string longer (the one you throw into the gap), do a BACKSPIN bind (not from a braintwister!) and practice

i had your problem with my g5 for a while. but i learned, that instead of just dropping the bind (which worked on my DM), you have to actually take the loop and feed it into the yoyo. hope that helps :slight_smile:

It’s fine to bind from a braintwister mount. Just it’s also good to practice the backspin and frontspin bind.

I’ve basically just been trying to complete a bind with this thing all night lol. I’ve noticed that in about 25% of my backspin binds, if I literally wrap the string around the yoyo twice, the yoyo will return. I’m just going to keep at it.

lolwut, Braintwisters are very likely to snag and harder to get into the gap