DV888 or Hectic

What should i get HEctic or DV888. I am an expierenced yoyoer and i got good binds. I got a strong strong throw and i looking for a good sleep time TY

Both of them will give you good sleep times. What other yoyos do you have?
DV888 is more Dark Magic shaped. THey both have almost the same diameter. Hectic is way narrower.

Just look at the shapes and see which one you prefer.

Left to right, DV888, Hectic, Dark Magic.
http://yoyoexpert.com/product/yoyofactory/dv888/view/images/02.jpghttp://yoyoexpert.com/product/yoyofactory/hectic/view/images/02-1.jpghttp://yoyoexpert.com/product/yoyojam/dark-magic/view/images/02.jpg

P.S. the reason why I put a dark magic there is because it is your “Favourite yoyo”. And also, binds on a Dark Magic are much easier than binds on metals. Just need to tell you, you will have to do backspin binds, with small loops and hard pulls to bind these well. Otherwise, it won’t wind up well.

1 Like

Also, sleep time depend on the thrower. Not the yoyo.

Could you answer these questions please so I can match it to the two?

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
  3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)
  4. Do you like to mod/maintain it?
  5. Does color matter?
  6. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?)
  7. What is your price range?
  8. What is your skill level?
1 Like

dv888 all the way!

1 Like

I am a advanced yoyoer and i dont mod my yoyos i dont care about exept purple i prefer med like the dark magic i can buy a 60 dollar to 70 dollar yoyo i like to tricks with un responssive yoyos like brain twister trapize double or nothing and some advanced tricks I dont like when the yoyo comes up when you finish some tricks because i like to do a trick then go into other tricks with the same sleep I like the dark magic and DV888 shape. I hope i anwsered ur questinos mage1342

Could you please use proper spelling and punctuation? I can’t read what you said. :slight_smile:

They are very different Yo-Yos, but made by the same company.

Dv888 is smaller than an eight8eight, but has more flattened rims than rounded. Hectic has more of a schmooved rim feel, flat.

I’ve also heard/experienced that the Dv888 has a “hollow” feel, while the Hectic is solid.

I prefer the Dv888. :wink:

well the only thing is if you want the round shape then the dv888 and if you want to try a new shape the hectic is h shaped but they both match your prefrences all it comes down to is shape

If you can’t understand what he is saying, how are you answering his questions? Also, if you can’t understand, you’re not the best reader.

And since when have you changed your mind? You always preferred the Hectic more:

I don’t know exactly.

It’s just something I never realized that’s so great about the Dv888, versus the Hectic. :slight_smile:

I could read the first sentence, then I looked down at other posts to see what he was talking about - but I didn’t mean his main question, I meant the post quoting rsmod123. :slight_smile:

I would personally prefer dv888, as I don’t care for H shape myself, and I like a wider profile. I don’t own either, but have played both briefly.