Duncan's Silicone Stickers

So, this is probably a dumb question. But Duncan’s silicone stickers make the yoyo unresponsive right ?

I’d recamend buying a bearing from the people who’s website you are post on. :wink:

bump

Probably not. They just last an order of magnitude more than the duncan friction stickers.

Just curious why you didn’t start a new topic instead of editing your bearing topic to be a sticker topic. :wink:

Actually they are good unresponsive stickers. I have them in my Senza Nome, and it is unresponsive. Plus, they last ages longer than friction stickers.

I use one sili sticker on my Duncan’s and they play beautiful. The sili stickers last a bajillion times longer, too. Well worthe the price. I also reccomend grabbing a Duncan spare parts set and “beefcaking” your Duncan. (I swapped out the wide slavers for the thin ones and added the second bearing, all of those pieces come in the spare parts pack) made my $20 drifter play like a much more expensive throw.

Stickers don’t make a yoyo unresponsive. It adjust how aggresive the binds, or returns will be.
A bearing is what makes a yoyo unreponsive or not. If it is clean(free of lube) it will be unresponsive. if It is lubed it will be responsive.

1 Like

Wrong. No matter how clean the bearing is in my dragonfly, it is responsive with fresh pads. Same with the FHZ and other yoyos. It is a combination of the bearing and pads.

that’s funny because all I have to do is clean the bearing in a fhz to make it unresponsive. I think you need to check your facts. I am not sure of the dragon fly but I totally remember just cleaning the bearing on that.

Pads have to do with how aggressive your response is. If your throw sucks and there is vibe you will have problems with flush stickers on a fhz making the yoyo come back. But that is entirely in your throw and lack of smoothness. I have had raiders that where unresponsive, back in the late 90’s because we used them for 1A back then. I only lubed them when the bearing would get so unresponsive I couldn’t get it to come back, with a tug.

Then we get onto the fact that we are talking about comparing Duncan stickers to Duncan silicone stickers. Now the silicone ones are every bit as grippy as the regular ones so how is putting that sticker in going to make it less responsive? It isn’t that is how.
so yes you are right in the fact that a flush mounted sticker is going to make it so you have to be actually smooth to keep your yoyo unresponsive, but it doesn’t negate the fact that the bearing having lube or not is why your yoyo is responsive or not.

1 Like

It’s one thing to disagree, but before you just rudely say “Wrong”, you’d better be sure they’re wrong. Your Dragonfly doesn’t use stickers, it uses the old PlayMax cork brake pads. And you should know that the gentleman you’re argueing with has actually owned a few dozen Duncans in his time…

Have Fun,
Java

1 Like

Sorry if I came on a little aggressive, but I beg to differ. My hitman with a dry bearing, oring response, and tightened gap is tug responsive. So was a DM that I owned. I’ve had mosquitoes with cleaned bearings, but when there are fresh stickers in, they are tug responsive. In the end though, I think it’s a balance between the bearing and response. They both affect the response of a yoyo.