Duncan Racing

Early Rip Cord mod.
Ported, polished, balanced and factory bearing kit installed.

7 Likes

The mod squad.
Various iterations of the BK and RipCord mods.

Takeshi borrowed my fixed tip at Worlds 2010 so I asked him to sign it!

This is the typical cap mod for my Short Circuits. Stock cap on right.

4 Likes

So what is the payoff on a mod like this? And that’s a nice collection you have there. :grin:

The cap on the Duncan tops was too heavy and that string channel was a hazard it fingers, fingernails, etc.
Cutting out the center and cutting down the crown makes it smoother, more responsive, and easy access for balancing the vib out with putty.
I smoothed the grooves off the sides on some of them just to experiment with the weight and feel. Neff installed that metal weight ring for better spin time. The metal tip is just cool.

1 Like

I know that putting a metal tip on the Short Circuit causes it to wobble. It’s been said that it’s because the added weight of the metal right at the tip creates an imbalance. I’d say that metal ring near the top offsets this as well as increasing spin time. I know I’d love to put a metal tip on a Short Circuit. It performs so nicely stock, I imagine this to be much nicer. Thanks for the info. Perhaps I may try my hand at this at some point. Finding the “right” weight ring setup would be the most challenging I imagine.

Just get a thick rubber O ring that will fit around that drop down tunnel in the crown.