Duncan Mosquito And EZO gold plated bearing

Hello Forum

I just recently bought a One drop dingo which is awsome best throw i have had so far, a duncan mosquito and a yoyojam kickside.
I have modded the yoyojam kickside by removing the starburst and cutting a recess into it and siliconing it now it plays awsome.
Anyway to the point i also got a mosquito which i recessed and sliconed it, It plays quite smooth however it hasn’t got enough weight to my liking. I have already added o rings under the caps with not much difference. So what can i do to add more weight.(use metal rings instead of ruber o rings?)

One more question i have is that i have a EZO gold sheildless bearing that has been sitting here for a while and when i put it in my mosquito it was quite noisy. what should i do to it?
Wash it with thinners then blow it out with compressed air??

Any help is greatly appreciated

Luke,

I tried to make my mosquito heavier by putting…hot glue inside it and it worked. Just make sure everything is proportional and it doesn’t seep into the axle seat.

For the bearing, cleaning and relubing it might help.

Yer hot glue could work but i dont want to cause vibe becouse its perfectly smooth at the moment it just dosnt have enough momentem.
And yer im just gonna clean the bearing and see how it goes.

If you have a spare DM sitting around and some longer screws you can remove (break) the DM rims and so set them inside of the halves with the caps unscrewed, then once you get the longer screws replace the caps and viola a heavy skeeter. I am pretty sure Ben Nikitas did something similar with some beater parts. I mean I figure since you said you recessed it and such you would have the tools required to do this or I wouldn’t have suggested it. And as far as I can remember about Gold Plated bearings, they were an unsuccessful gimmick, and I would imagine that once the plating has worn off of the balls that it will be catchy and loud. If your current concern is only with the sound of the bearing as it is now, I would suggest a drop of thin lube on a needle and then touch the needle tip to one ball inside of your bearing, this will add some form of response to the bearing but once it is played with it should break in just fine as well as be a whole lot quieter. I hope this helps ya out.

About the gold bearings… cleaning them ruins what makes them ‘special’ to begin with.

The reason they are so good, is because they are absolutely void of all chemicals, residue, oil, etc.

However, once they get a bunch of crap in them, you have no choice but to clean them… they are still good bearings, but they won’t ever be as good as they were when you got them.

Kyle

2 Likes

To add weight to the mosquito you could use some #10 solid wire solder to make weight rings. It’s easy to work with.

Hmm just comparing dm rings to mosquito now and i guess it would work but ill wait till i get a new dm2 :slight_smile: as for the bearing i flushed it out with thinners then blew it with compressed air for a good 10 mins now its fine :slight_smile: