Duncan looking for yoyo demonstrators nationwide!

This via @bjardin from Duncan Toys

As we grow our Duncan Scout and Cub Scout Program, we need demonstrators nationwide!

Do you want to help grow the yo-yo community while getting paid? Sign up to be a Duncan Demonstrator in your area! Flambeau Inc.

Much love!

17 Likes

are there any details on this? like what is a demonstrator? and the requirements?

5 Likes

Gonna look into this as soon as I get off work. As a Duncan fanboy and also local yoyo club coordinator, this really piques my interest.

5 Likes

I mean…I live in the middle of Wyoming.
I suppose I could demonstrate for them cows?
:sweat_smile:

12 Likes

oh yes this is what the community needs yoyoing cows!!

6 Likes

Convert them to boyscouts :wink:

5 Likes

11 Likes

If I were better and had more free time this would be kinda cool as an Eagle Scout.

6 Likes

I doubt the skill requirement is very high

3 Likes

can teens do this

3 Likes

Thanks, Andre!!

We are mainly looking for demonstrators nationwide. We get emails from different Scout organizations looking for a demonstrator that can assist/teach our Cub Scout and Scout Program. So we help connect them to the nearest demonstrator!

Age of demonstrator - as long as your parents/guardian allows you, and they can drive you for this gig, I don’t see any issues at all!

As far as payment - it varies. They sometimes cover the 100% professional fee, sometimes we share the cost. So you get from us before the gig, and they’ll give you another cash after the demonstrations. There are times that you have to bring in Duncan stocks. With this extra work, there’s extra $ too.

Cub Scouts - You’ll teach the BASIC fundamentals, science, and history of the yo-yo, we have spill and bullet points. Tricks that you will teach is very easy. The hardest one is forward pass. It’s very short program, probably an hour demo maximum, since they have time limitation too.

Scout - This is pretty interesting! We have a trick list and we give patches whenever you finish certain levels. It’s from beginner to modern tricks.

20 Likes

There are 31 million Cub Scouts and Scouts around the world. I think we can find Scouts there, lol.

10 Likes

any in Florida?

3 Likes

We get some, we have 2 inquiries this month actually.

4 Likes

i heard Duncan has a kiosk in Orlando

4 Likes

This is tempting

6 Likes

extremely tempting

4 Likes

I’m in, how many troops ask about it in OH?

3 Likes

sweet I’m homeschooled so ill have a little bit more time but I need to make sure this is good with my parents first

4 Likes

Fair enough numbers - last month, we had 1, this month we have another one, it will be done in Flambeau/Duncan office.

Right now, the councils send inquiry to us, but next year, we will start reaching out to them.

5 Likes