Duncan fh1 favorite set up?

What string, bearing, and pad setup is everyone enjoying for the new fh1? I’ve got a couple more colors on the way and wanted to know if any setups others were enjoying. Personally I love the stock, preproduction run set up with original throw slim string.(felt different than both my unknown and escolar fh1)

1 Like

Stock, kitty first class fat

2 Likes

Clean flat bearing, silicone recess the small response groove, kitty fc fat.

It’ll respond if you get sloppy, it still comes back with a tug, but it’s unresponsive enough to be able to hit as many clean slacks and hooks as you want on it if you’re smooth and fast.

6 Likes

The problem with stock setup is the bearing hits the sweet spot of reaponsiveness until the bearing wear ins and gets unresponsive, i will to add the other silicone response sticker

1 Like

A drop of thick lube and youre back to the races though

1 Like

Yea but from my experience it never hits the same or lasts long enough

I’m new to the FH1, but I went wild and put silicone grease in the bearing recess and put a Zipline prestige on it.

1 Like

Whoa that is wild :laughing:

2 Likes

I’ve tried stock and the friction stickers. Prefer it stock for sure. YYSL Type X feels great.

Side note, this yoyo is really reigniting my love for yoyos being the toys that they are. It’s easy to get caught up in collecting and forget sometimes. The FH1 is the most pure fun I’ve had with one in a long time.

9 Likes

I just ordered a few of the spacer kits Duncan makes now and I’m excited to try them out. I have 1 fh1 with a dif-e-yo concave in it that’s completely unresponsive. I have 2 with the bearings cleaned and one pad removed that are pretty much unresponsive and I have 2 more that are completely stock.

I prefer the one with the concave bearing tbh

1 Like

Lubed, two white friction stickers, old school slick 6.

Just like I did with OG fh1s 20 years ago.

2 Likes

I lubed the stock bearing and was unhappy with play afterwards. I’ve replaced with a concave bearing and it’s been mostly unresponsive.

If anyone has tried the wide spacers, I was curious if they make a difference?

I tried different setups as well and found that stock is the best fit for me.

3 Likes