Duncan Dragonfly Axle?

Hi everyone.
I have had my duncan dragonfly for about 6 months. A while ago, I accidentally stripped the axle, and the yoyo did not screw together.
How do I remove the axle bolt from the yoyo? I took the rubber plug out, but i couldn’t figure out how to take the axle out. Also, if you know where the replacement axles are sold, please tell me :slight_smile:

I was thinking of using this, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwnLSiWZMYg

Once you have removed the rubber bits all you have to do is push the bolt and nut out. Go to the hardware store and look for an M4 x .7 bolt and nut. Then buy the bolt of the correct length.

I’ve had a lot of trouble getting the axle out of Dragonfly’s lately, I have a feeling that in the latest run all the axles were pressed in by a machine. I’ve found that if you hold the hub of the yo-yo in the palm of your hand having the axle faced out and away from your palm, and you press the yo-yo axle onto a hard surface (since your trashing the axle afterwards just use a sidewalk, cement, etc.) you can usually get it to pop out.

Note: I’ve really slammed the yo-yo before the get the axle out and stabbed the palm of my hand when the axle popped out, consider wearing a leather glove. :slight_smile: Best of luck!

I didn’t know that, MikeMonty. My older Dragonfly isn’t like that. You could set the yo-yo on top of something that will allow the axle to fall out and then tap the axle with a hammer.

ok, thanks :slight_smile:
I tried it earlier with a table, it left a small dent…off to the sidewalk, lol…