Duncan Crew Worldwide...disbanded?

I bet one is Hank Freeman. If they don’t keep him… :-\

Also Janos Karancz I hope.

I feel like the people working at the Disney booths should be safe too since Duncan’s gonna need people to work the booths regardless

Just another reason for me to dislike Duncan. I understand being concerned about profit, but when you do multiple things over the course of a few years in order to maximize it without thought of how it affects their own employees/sponsored players, then that’s just bad business practice.

1 Like

Except based on the way its being worded sounds like Flambeau is the one responsible so…

1 Like

Took 'em long enough. Honestly, Brandon should have done it when he was there.

1 Like

I want hank to join a new company…

Man. It seems that Duncan just cares about profit nowadays. They decide all of a sudden to cut a bunch of legendary team members?! I hope Duncan realizes what a big mistake they’ve made. I’m actually happy for the people that got cut though. Its almost like getting a breath of fresh air from stale old man Duncan.

Still. It’s bittersweet to see these guys go. I’m assuming that they kept a bunch of their actively competitive players though (ex. Janos, Jardin, Beckford, Hank)

1 Like

Maybe it’s working well for him. :-\

I think business is business. The whole sponsorship thing is a relationship, and like any relationship, even when you love people, sometimes you have to let them go (for their own good). When the relationship is no longer mutually beneficial, there is no point continuing on.

I think a few other companies might want to think about their teams and do a cost/benefit analysis. It’s just good business.

I’ve often thought that. The Duncan team was HUGE! The money they had to be spending to support a team that size had to be a ton.

Got to remember though, at the end of the day Duncan is a business. In order to stay in business you have to make a profit.

Perhaps they are reducing the team to just a contest team. That would make the most sense.

Duncan has primarily cared about profit since 1929. They are a business. Always have been, always will be.

There are people working there who care about more than that. Always have been, hopefully always will be.

5 Likes

Steve, I totally agree, In fact I was just about to post something similar when I saw your post.

I think Duncan realized that they had stretched themselves beyond what they could afford… a team as large as they had requires man power and lots of cash. Duncan even though it is a pretty large yoyo company isnt making as much as like fisher-price. They can only afford so much and so many.

It might be a little rude to say it but Duncan needed a spring cleaning. Those players are now free cards if they really want to be sponsered again they will get their name out there and make sure they are heard.

an ex-crewmember once told me that duncan and the duncan crew were not exactly the same thing… i’m starting now to see how much individual effort and work was put in by each and every member on the team to make throwing yo-yos look so fun and exciting . i thank everyone that ever represented duncan for the great example set, and the huge amount of help and inspiration given to the community.
steve brown, chris neff, augie, duncan crew et al, thank you. you guys are the best.

duncan crew = love

I’m actually not too mad about this. It was shocking, but I’m not displeased.

Hopefully this will allow Duncan to do some new and exciting things.

I’m sorry but why all the drama?

They had a -massive- team that was there more out of respect for the people than utility to the company. At some point that had to end.

I’d bet they kept anybody that they see as business benefit to the company… THAT’S HOW COMPANIES WORK. You guys don’t flip out when yyf don’t sponsor every player ever…

Steve did an incredible job assembling fantastic players and people, but you can’t expect sponsored players to never change, that’s just silly.

Kyle

3 Likes

YYF won’t sponsor any player, but they don’t just kick players off the team like that. The YYF team is pretty big too, and they are a business as well.

So every player they’ve ever sponsored is still sponsored? What about yyj? They still sponsor everybody too?

Just because you were once, it doesn’t obligate the company to do it forever.

Kyle

oh yeah, i get it now…

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKBRtdp2e98&feature=youtu.be]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKBRtdp2e98&feature=youtu.be]