Duncan Butterfly AL & Imperial AL 2023 Versions

Duncan is killing it with these releases!! HOLY COW!! check duncan social media for info, but this new a-bearing butterfly AL sounds like its going to fix every complaint I had with the original butterfly AL. they even changed the profile to match more of the modern butterfly <3

@bjardin, it is described as having “thin pads”. what are they? are these the standard small bearing red pads or the new friction sticker style pads that come with the new freehand one release?

12 Likes

@bjardin now you have to do a Butterfly-Ti

2 Likes

These look awesome. I love that the butterfly comes with 2 pairs of stickers.

3 Likes

Now you just have to figure out how to perfectly allign them without losing your mind

3 Likes

Measure diam of cap, and diam of sticker. Mark caps with difference in the cardinal locations and drop sticker aligned as close as possible to marks would be my method lol

2 Likes

I bought a green/pink for a watermelon halfswap. Will be gifting the other to my buddy for a birthday/Christmas present

4 Likes

Big fan of the Butterfly AL and the new mold plastics so I’m looking forward to this. Holding off for now incase an Unknown version is in the works but a purple with purple pysch stickers is very tempting.

3 Likes

I love the idea of this swap but they’re a bit spendy for a pair.

3 Likes

Black on black delrin caps would be awesome.

4 Likes

Happy cake day Keith!

I second the black on black. I’m hoping the cap size is the same as the plastics so I can put some pink caps in the green I have in the mail!

1 Like

Did anyone else hook up on the Midnight Special Imperial AL? I got both colors.

3 Likes

I’m super interested but frankly can’t get over my sticker shock. I’ve been waiting to see if any of the Imperial ALs land on the BST and how they get priced but I haven’t seen one yet.

Edit: also, I play plastic Imperials as loopers and don’t want to buy 2 :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

The 10% off when they first came out helped but they are indeed steep. That said if you’re wanting to build up your looping muscles this is how you do it. It is work to keep them looping. I enjoy looping with plastic Imperials too. Its fun going old school.

3 Likes