DTTech Official Company Topic: Ever Wondered what Eternity was like?

Welcome to the Delta Throw Technologies official thread.

Full-sized logo link: http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/002/2/c/dttech_finished_logo_large_by_pzychoz-d369947.png

Website Link (Domain Coming Soon): http://dttech.weebly.com

Current News:
•Site In Progress
•Working on Infin8ty Prototypes
•Ferudoctus Prototype CAD Design Complete

A bit of info on us:

Team Leader: Chris Halbach (me)
Team Designer: Cameron Schaefer [Cameron(and his yoyo)]
Foundation Date: Aug. 2010, under the name Delta Throw Tech
Yoyos Produced: None as of yet.

What’s up! I’ve been thinking, and, what better way to start a new year then show you guys a preview of the Ferudoctus! I’m very excited. Some of you may remember it as the Blitzkrieg/Checkmate, but it has been redesigned. Cameron and I kept the outer part the same, and completely redesigned the rims and hub area. We hope you like.

Oh, and for those who wonder where the name came from, it’s a combination of 2 latin words:

ferus : fierce, wild, savage, untamed.
and
doctus : taught, instructed, learned, tutored.

Basically, it’s put into my own definition:
A fierce competitor. It’s a savage beast, but it’s easily mastered.

Specs:
OD: 53.59mm
Width: 42.42mm
Material: 6061 Alloy
Bearing: C (OD 10-B)
Weight: 69g
Response: .555-sized pads (Hat Pads Stock)

Drawing File (Made in Autodesk. This was made from the CAD):

I will be uploading screens later :slight_smile:

This is a life-sized view made using Solidworks .STL file and Photoshop

Ifnin8ty Thread:

That’s all for now :slight_smile:

As Heath pointed out, I should give my CADist credit. So, I’m giving Cameron Schaefer a big shoutout! Thanks for all the help with CAD designing :slight_smile:

Website updated.

Domain Coming soon. I’ll probably get it with a hush-hush thing in March.

I think DTTech and Kingspin will be natural rivals. :wink:
Btw, you design for the smaller blitzkreig looks great :slight_smile:

I don’t see why we have to be :wink:

And thanks :slight_smile:

rivals in a good way, like One Drop and VS Newton.

okay cool :slight_smile:

And now, WE’VE GOT OUR FINISHED 2011 LOGO!!!

(CLICK TO ENLARGE THE LOGO!)

I’m getting one proto in March that is going to be the Ferudoctus. The reason is because I’m having trouble w/ the machining company and the Infin8ty.

who ever said one drop and i are rivals? :-\

i see promise in both of your concepts, but i would hardly consider either of you rivals to the other. to be competing manufacturers you would both have to have a product out

maybe make it a race to who gets a decent yoyo made first?

I didn’t. He said “in a good way” though.

And, thanks.

I’m getting a proto in march of the Ferudoctus, because the Machining company refuses to machine the Infin8ty’s inner rim :-/

I always liked the Blitzkrieg, so I’m hoping this turns out to be a good yoyo. It’s got rim weight for sure, so I’m hoping for a stable throw. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see.

its not that they refuse to. your machine shop is more than likely unable to do IRGs. hopefully they can reach the necessary tolerances to make a vibe free yoyo. most machine shops underestimate just how difficult making a yoyo is

true.

Alright guys, here’s the deal:

We’re not making a run of yoyos this year. At least, not until around the end of it.

The reason is, I’m going to be testing 3 designs. And maybe more 0.o

Anyway, at the end of the year, you guys will decide which of the 3 (or somewhere around there) will be made into a production run.

As of now, the newly Photoshopped design won’t be released, and I won’t be updating with any more new designs until after March.

Basically:

March: Ferudoctus Proto (Just 1)

May: Infin8ty Proto (1 or 2)

August: --------- Proto (Secret :wink: )

I’ll be updating, and, as soon as I get the Ferudoctus proto, I’ll post a vid for y’all.

Oh, and, expect 28 stories of epic tales. (get the reference? Some might.)

Basically, for those of you who didn’t get the post,

2011 will be our Prototyping year.

This is due to several things:
•I’m just about to turn 15. I need money, and I get a job in March (Hence the Proto in March :wink: )
•I need time to get the money. I’m not rich :wink:
•I want to perfect these designs before releasing ANY of them to the public.
•Finding a capable machinist isn’t easy. At least, not one for a reasonable price (In Mississippi, that is)

So, with that, keep in mind we’re NOT abandoning yoyos. Just not making any straight up releases this year.

That doesn’t mean that we may not give out a proto or 2 in a future contest o.O

28 stories is a CLYW exclusive, unless you trade anno like Heath…

Plus you’re obliged to give a portion to charity.

Trade anno? I merely meant I was going to be getting the Ferudoctus proto being made in March Venedized to 28 Stories. It was just a play on words.

And who’s to say I wasn’t going to give a proto for Heath’s Charity project?

You need to remember, protos aren’t always perfect on the first go. You may need to go back, make tweaks, and make more protos. :wink:

And you always need to send test units to reputable people. hint

Of course. For the first, I’m just making 1 :wink:

And, to mista8eight8, don’t worry. My 2 Test unit “testers”, if any, will be Heath and Icthus.

As weird as this may sound,
I’ve actually found a DTTech Colorway.

However, It’s only going to be used on Prototypes, because I feel it’s pretty cool.
I’m not going to show y’all what it looks like yet, but, I’ll tell you what I’m calling it:
Icebreaker :slight_smile:

i was looking at your new proto design. it looks rather thick. does your 69g include the weight of the axle and bearing? (about 3 grams)

if not, your yoyo will weigh 72 grams and scare away some people. not a bad thing. people are just stupid

if your a person reading this and offended about that ^ , throw a Sky Walker then Battosai, same weight, COMPLETELY different feels

I’m still working on it. I’ll have to check w/ Cameron. He told me 69. Not sure if that included the axle and bearing. If it does, I’ll just take a bit of weight off :slight_smile:

if someone else is doing your CAD work, are you just coaching them? perhaps this other person deserves a bit of recognition

if you ever send me a CAD i can get weight no problem. i just dont do design modification. thats the makers’ job