Dressel Designs: assassin v2

:rofl::rofl:I would be upset if he sells it but it is very beautiful

2 Likes

Or you could send him like, 10-15 to torch and be sold for $100 (or more, I have no idea) w/ a mention that theyā€™re torched by hand, and colors/patterns will vary?

Possibly :rofl:

2 Likes

DO IT! lol :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m just wondering how the heck Iā€™m supposed to achieve 540F with at home items that donā€™t involve an oven, because I want that purple color.

6 Likes

Dude, me too. I want a mix of that purple and blue

2 Likes

Did you ever get around to the comparison with the Mini Star 2? Other than the obvious part of the bimetal being more rim weighted :joy:

1 Like

A creme brĆ»lĆ©e torch (or dab torch) available for under $30 will get you as hot as you need. Iā€™ve torched ti with mine itā€™s quite easy. You just have to watch so you donā€™t overheat - slow and steady and stop before you get there because temp will continue to rise a bit after flame is removed.

6 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™ve been looking into some, I actually already had one but canā€™t seem to find it amongst the other appliances and stuff my sister and mother have bought for baking so looks like Iā€™ll need to shell out more for another.

There was another video that was torching a knife that was either steel or titanium and they used windex to cool to get a really nice two tone color so I would like to try to purposely get an uneven colorway through the yoyo to show all the shades if possible.

Another thing is, looking at samurai sword manufacturing, using a combination of ash, mud or clay like a psudo tsuchioki but thatā€™s usually for tempering which isnā€™t what iā€™m going to be doing.

Weā€™ll see.

1 Like

Yes, sorry! They have a similar feel on the string. The main difference is how durable its going to be and how powerful its going to be. Assassin isnā€™t going to be as powerful but will be a LOT more durable/pocket friendly. Iā€™d say it is very slightly zipper as well and I prefer the shape. I do like the minister 2 also though.

9 Likes

Looks like Iā€™m copping, the Ministar 2 is my favourite undersized yoyo.

2 Likes

Also, is there an estimate on when they are going to be dropped?

1 Like

Same here, thanks for the comparison! The side profile shots really show the difference. The shape and width of the Assassin really make it stand out.

1 Like

Iā€™m embarrassed to admit that whenever I see the word ā€œassassinā€, I actually see it as three words written in a row. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

P.S. - The rise of @hobbygod as a top-notch yoyo designer has been impressive to behold!

8 Likes
1 Like

Thanks for all the love!

@Hanker still waiting on my machine shop. When I know, youā€™ll know :slight_smile:

@yoyo_cubicle I appreciate it, but donā€™t think Iā€™m there juuuuust yet. Maybe a couple releases down the line I will be though

5 Likes

Had a discussion with g2Nate about yoyo design and what my design philosophy is as a whole. Didnt go too much into the nitty gritty of design but it was a fun interview! Check it out here:

14 Likes

Interesting. I watched the whole thing. Itā€™s fascinating that with such a simple toy people are able to make so many variations of it and even though a lot of yoyos look kind of similar, they feel so different on the string / in play.

5 Likes

Definitely! A lot of nuance behind the scenes with weight placement and what not.

4 Likes

Yes! Didnā€™t like my canary at all and was the last D Iā€™ve had.

What are the chances of warping with a heat anno? Never done one on steel as thin as a yoyo.

2 Likes