Dressel Designs: assassin v2

@EOS44 review of the Monarch!

9 Likes

Year in review post here: DresselDesignsYoyos on Instagram: "Another year is coming to a close, and what a great year for yoyo it has been! Each year brings some of the craziest freestyles, freshest trickcircles, and we saw in person contests starting to make a return across the globe! As for Dressel Designs, we added another player to our team, @tomascipra , who has been an amazing addition. His love for yoyo and his good nature really stood out to us, and he has a rare steez about the way he throws. We also released more yoyos than I ever dreamed of! We had a total of 8 runs this year, which consisted of: ✅ The Monarch , a yoyo that hit the community by storm and our most successful design ever. ✅ Kanto series (2 runs, brass and SS) ✅ A HUGE 5050 rerun ✅ mystery gift, a ti ring large&heavy Kanto for some chill vibes at a ridiculously cheap pricetag for titanium ✅ fusion series, a collaboration with the amazingly talented @cardboard_investment (SS, Brass, and Ti versions) Lastly, here's a sneak peek of what's to come from us in 2023: ‼️ Emotion, a 7075 monometal design coming spring 2023 that has something for everyone(swipe for a sneak peek 🫣) ‼️ Plans for a signature yoyo (or 2 or 3 🤔) ‼️A new Collab with one of the most exciting companies in yoyo. ‼️continuing to explore hybrid and titanium ring designs at an affordable price point ‼️ More limited edition designs for special milestones throughout the year If you made it this far, THANK YOU! You are the reason we are still around and are able to make these crazy and innovative yoyos."

A huge thanks to Andre and the kind people at yoyoexpert. They have helped make my yoyo dreams a reality and are always supportive when we are ready to release a new product. Very excited to share with you what we have in store for 2023

12 Likes

Teaser for a new monometal coming in February; Emotion

Combining American and Japanese styles and trends. After 3 prototypes to get it just right it is finally ready. More info soon

17 Likes

Man I’m so hyped to see this throw !!! I’m SO curious as to how this would look and play like!

3 Likes

That’s some wonderful marketing material right there.

Calling it now, inner Ti ring bimetal.

2 Likes

It’s a mono but I feel like a ti inner wrapped ring like thesis does would be cool.for.the future!

4 Likes

Dang. I thought I got it based on the pics. Well now I know it’s a mono I’m more excited!

Edit: I’m a dingus and you put monometal in your post. Kindly ignore the doofus in the corner. He’s just here to feel special.

2 Likes

To be fair, it does look like a ring of some sort :joy:

2 Likes

We’re having a sale this weekend to celebrate my birthday. Monarchs are 20$ off on my site.

7 Likes

Fade colors for our new flagship monometal; Emotion! A comfy competitive yoyo that has been balanced over 3 prototypes to give you one of the most unique and fun performance monos to hit the market! The colorway theme represents different emotions; Drop a comment for what we should name some of these colorways!

More info and the rest of the colors revealed next week :eyes:

Are you ready to #enableyouremotion ?

15 Likes

Warmth, Affection, and Sorrow.

2 Likes

Those look really beautiful, shape and logo as well, I do love the blue one! Great work!

1 Like

I feel passion, mischief, and chill.

Also these look huggable, so #embraceyouremotion?

2 Likes

All engraved? are these in the budget category $60ish?

1 Like

Passion, Affection and Trouble are what I get from these. Mischief works too for the stormcloud one!

Ivan

Yes and yes.

2 Likes

This is emotion! Our flagship monometal for 2023.

Specs:
55.2mm diameter
46mm width
65.8g
4.55 gap width
7075 aluminum

Shortly after the release of the assassin we started thinking of what a more normal sized assassin would look like. We knew 7075 would be the way to go to retain some of that indestructibility that youd get with stainless steel. We also knew it wanted to be slightly wider and smaller while still sitting firmly in the full sized category. To achieve the play that we wanted we went with a new style of cup/hub design for us to attain a more even distribution similar to steel. The first prototype came out with our 2nd run of 5050. There was too much center weight/weight in the walls. It was zippy, fast, and interesting to play with, but felt a little uncontrollable at times.

The 2nd prototype featured our signature hub design with more weight moved to the rim, but this proved to be too much rim weight which led to a boring/cookie cutter experience(raw with spike, pictured next to Fusion/by itself).

The final proto kept close to the same amount of rim weight as the 2nd prototype but moving weight from the walls to the center proved to be the goldilocks we were looking for; the fun feel of the 1st prototype combined with the controllable performance of the 2nd. This yoyo has something for everyone.

One word to describe it’s play? Natural.

Emotion is releasing Friday 3/10 here at yoyoexpert

15 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqLXFaWsHi4/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Come celebrate our 2nd birthday with us 3/31 :balloon::birthday:

Check the IG link for more info

Big thanks to everyone here that picked up an emotion. Seeing all of you on the forum go nuts for it fills me with…emotion :joy:

10 Likes

Friday at noon we’re dropping a very limited run of these hybrid 5050s.

Direct only. 65$ 3/31 at noon

16 Likes

First time ive seen this on max IG live as a teaser, is it true the its a undersized tri-material? Either way it looks interesting!

2 Likes