Dreamcraft

Asora test type 2 is straight up amazing. And it is very very fun. I highly agree with what u said in the blog the more u play it the funner it gets. If I can make a suggestion if fun is ur primary objective for the v.3 as well? I would suggest going one mm higher for the diameter. From 57 to 58. Honestly the one I say to myself everytime I throw is that I wish it was just a tiny bit bigger. Big organic yo-yos are fun. And asora fills a gap quite nicely slightly over sized and slightly slimish. I think if it was 58 thatā€™s just perfect where itā€™s not too much bigger than normal full size and not quite super over sized just barely oversized. But if it was 58 it would be game over. Fun factor x100. I think about how much fun it is to throw my wizard and the reason I constantly reach for it is nice oversized organic feels just amazing bouncing off the string. And the asora gives me that same feeling but itā€™s awesome cuz itā€™s different with the slimmer design but just lacking that 1mm would set it over the top. Anyway weā€™ll done you did awesome I canā€™t wait for version 3 and for the record asora is definitely considered a favorite

2 Likes

Great read, Iā€™m eagerly awaiting v3.

1 Like

Thank you so much Mikie!

Right now Asora is 57.5mm, the planned reduction is taking .30mm off, so 57.2mm

I think that I actually would like the throw to be larger, but Iā€™m working within so many constraints that balancing them all is just not possible to have it all. Ideally, this throw would be 59-60mm if I could live in a perfect world.

The issue with all of that is where the weight goes when you go up in diameter, and where I want the weight to go based on how I want Asora to perform. Going up in diameter means that at the same weight, Asora would likely become more unstable - though this would also increase that sort of floaty or light feel to the throw. Give and take :slightly_frowning_face: The biggest problem I face is having the throw be at 61g~ so that with caps, itā€™s at 66g~ With Aluminum caps it hits 74g~.

I donā€™t want the throw to be too heavy with caps. I really want it to be fun with any setup you choose and why Iā€™m restricted to the current weight I have set. Bigger diameter either means more weight to replace the weight I lose from going smaller, or the same weight and less performance. If I pushed the diameter up I would be forced to make the throw heavier to achieve the performance I want.

Though, all that being said. I do want to do a small run of 60mm version Asoraā€™s in the future. I fully agree with you on a larger organic throw being really fun, itā€™s just that for my current goal I have to kind of balance all of these design queues along with the performance and feel of the yoyo. After that, I can kind of mess around, design a bimetal Asora, and maybe a hybrid or something, idk really, anything is possible.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Thanks Tempura, Iā€™ll keep the thread updated!

1 Like

Oh yeah I definitely get it. I havenā€™t designed a Yoyo yet so things like donā€™t dawn on me automatically yet. But it makes total sense. If you decide on the 60mm short run count me in for the presale! Iā€™ll be lined up for asora 3 regardless as well

1 Like

Oh baby!!! I love my type 2! It is easily in my top 5. But when I received it, my initial thoughts were:

1. I wish it was a teensy bit smaller in diameter
  2. I wish it had a schmoove

I am beyond stoked for t-3! Maybe I missed it when reading the blog post, is there a release date yet?

1 Like

This is seriously beautiful!!

3 Likes

Appreciate it Mikie! Thank you.

No release date yet, just wanted to give everyone an idea of what changes I made and hear out any suggestions or opinions on the design from people who played it. Iā€™m still very much open to hearing any opinions from people and implementing those suggestions if they help Asoraā€™s design goal. Planning to get them ordered soon though.

Thank you Shawn :heart:

5 Likes