Dreamcraft

This looks pretty sweet!

Anyone up for a blue/yellow halfswap I’m totally down for that.

3 Likes

Thank you Tyler :two_hearts:

Thank you Shawn!

I think there’s a lot of nice ones, but it’s very hit or miss for me, mostly miss. I like the Unknown Pickaxe, and the Mowl Camo engravings the most.

The price is set to $120. I know it’s a lot more than most monometals, or even some bimetals, so I understand if some people think it’s overpriced. I won’t argue that at all, but I hope people understand it’s just a dude in his dad’s house, inside a room trying to start something. I’m grateful for everyone who has supported me, even the kind words of encouragement. :bowing_man:

Thank you Bruce!

It’s really hard to get a good picture of it (looks better in person) but they’re green. It’s a bape :green_heart:

15 Likes

i think considering what you’ve poured of yourself into this that’s more than fair. the art alone is worth supporting. as a comic/anime fan the pairing of the throws and art is totally worth it and i will be waiting to scoop one up without question :+1::clap::clap:

8 Likes

Thank you! I’ve definitely poured all that I have into it. I was hoping that it would all sort of “speak for itself” I just want people to know I’m not oblivious to the prices of yoyos right now :rofl:

Since you mentioned comics! I am trying to have this done in time for the drop, but this is a 5 page introduction for the character and owner of Asora.

Miru’s parents passed, living with an older brother who supports her, but has to move for a new job opportunity. He leaves Miru with their Grandfather who runs a small toy store where he makes wood yoyos in a remote city in Japan. Her brother was once a world champion in yoyo, and gives her his Asora when he leaves. Then the journey begins!

I think the best way I can help grow the scene is by gaining outsider’s interest through things they can relate to. A comic book will help explain yoyo to people who don’t know yoyo’s exist, while also making them feel like they’re learning with the characters in the story and are apart of that journey.

It’s just taking a while to get everything together and balance the time to make sure I prioritize what’s most important right now. This is also my first time trying to make a comic, or do any of this stuff, it’s all new to me (I was a network tech before this) Once it all comes together, I think it’ll make more sense for everyone.

24 Likes

So many yoyos I didn’t know about these yet. Wish I could have snagged a second run.

1 Like

Looking forward to the v3 release soon! Congrats!

2 Likes

I spoke to a parent at NYYYC two weekends ago and his kid got into yoyo from “Freestyle: A Graphic Novel” so this is definitely a good idea.

6 Likes

I love that you have put engravings under the response pads. That’s the same thing I want to do

3 Likes

This is so awesome! I can’t wait to see it, even if it doesn’t make it out with the Asora 3.

2 Likes

Imma need a bape swap 100% :laughing::blue_heart::green_heart:

4 Likes

It would be cool if we could order half swaps, like if two people agree they can coordinate without having to meet in person/ship their halves.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the kind words!

That’s great to hear. A lot of this is me trying to appeal to the next generation of throwers, even older adults who could be interested into anime or manga. I just want to expose yoyo to more groups of people outside of our yoyo community. I think there’s a lot of similarities between us and the TCG community as well, the skateboarders, car enthusiasts, etc. I hope to appeal to all of those groups with my art and concepts I bring along with the yoyos.

This is 100% ok with me as long as both people confirm with each other and note it in the order notes for me.

12 Likes

Man, you are so talented drawing, love what you doing with it, keep going!

4 Likes

I got you bro, let’s make this happen!

2 Likes

Thank you Albertino :hearts:

3 Likes

@Lukoyo Dm sent, lets do it :joy:

@suspense i found my bape buddy :grin::blue_heart::green_heart:

2 Likes

The Player Collector in me is going to have a hard time not picking up all five colorways.

2 Likes

Would anyone be interested in a black/pink swap?

2 Likes

I feel this will be weird with the different finishes.

1 Like

Oh I missed that, yeah that would be

1 Like