Draupnir of 3a-5a?

The Draupnir is considered the best 1a yoyo by many, so what would the equivalent be for 3a-5a?

For 3a, I know the Ignition and Phaser are huge, you see them and they’re talked about all the time for 3a and when you see them on the BST you pretty much know they’re going to have 3a damage.

For 5a, it used to be the Palpitation way back when, not sure what it would be now. Maybe its successor, the Colony?

As for 4a, I don’t think its as clear. 4a yoyos don’t last as long so you don’t see many people using the really high end stuff, most players just stick to the cheaper ~$50 stuff and there’s a lot of variety there. In terms of performance though, I feel like the Air King would have to take it. I’ve heard a few pretty good 4a players consider it the best 4a yoyo. Also, Japan Technology has been THE 4a company since they released the Kamui, and they themselves are saying that the Air King is their best model yet, a culmination of everything they’ve learned over the years.

The typical way to do this is look at common models people competed with at worlds in each division by year.

The 888 was very dominant for its time by this measure, for example.

Two Draupnirs for 3A.
A Draupnir with a counterweight for 5A.
4A? You guessed it. Draupnir.

/thread

6 Likes

I think the anubis is popular for 3A and 5A.

Yeah and for 2A you just tie knots in the draupnirs.

1 Like