Dont quit yoyoing because of jerks. (A rant for yoyoers, especially new ones)

Thanks, I will be deleting my search history now.

I literally just busted out laughing. I needed that :slight_smile:

It sucks, most of the people that are jerks to me are IN the yoyo community. I dont know why but being sponsored seems to give some players the “im a rockstar” attitude.

being sponsored is being one of the thousands who thinks yoyo is actually worth being paid for, in a way you’re becoming so geeky and self-centered that you’re basically saying fuck the world: im a pro yoyoer.

and that, is a doutchy.

^I think you need to take a look at the forum rules about language.

I’m sponsored and I take offense to that. Being sponsored is a job but most sponsored players don’t get paid monatarily. Plus most people in this community are nice and helpful, sponsored or not. Being sponsored doesn’t make anyone act anyway at all, it’s the personality of the person. If people are mean and rude it’s then that are like that not the fact they are sponsored. Plus I’ve never come across one of these mean players whether sponsored or unsponsored.

2 Likes

I get these comments from a few guys I work with . I know what they do in there spare time , watch sports ,sit on the couch and drink beer . I don’t pay them any mind . The people who aggravate me the most are the polite ones . I ride the staten Island ferry to work ever day it’s a half an hour ride , I love to start my day off with 1/2 hour of practice , with ear buds blasting Pandora radio . It’s like a form of meditation . I relay don’t want to talk to anyone on my way to work , about anything ( never in a good mood on my way to work ) . and it’s always the same conversation , is that a duncan ? how do you get it to spin that long ? can you walk the dog ? Relay walk the dog ? I just did a 4 trick combo that took me a month to learn , and you want to know if I can walk the dog ? But I’m a nice guy so I turn off my music and stop throwing and answer there questions , no it’s not a duncan . it spins that long because it’s on a ball bearing , yes I can walk the dog but I don’t want to scratch up my yoyo .

This is why when your older you can count your true friends one one hand. Two if your really lucky.

1 Like

I started senior year in high school and never got rude comments/criticism. I was already one of the cool kids, though. I yoyo in public all the time and never get rude comments/criticism. Probably because I’m usually with a few friends and we’re laughing and having a good time. You can’t hate on that.

then my comment didn’t concern you, im reffering to the one being looked down on by sponsored players,
of course not every (thankfuly) sponsored players acts like an idiot, but some times it’s just frustrating to be looked down on when there shouldn’t be any hate or anything. if you’re a “clean player” then good for you, i can only recommend you staying that way.

:slight_smile: