Does this sound right?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/x8pbm5xsnrxmT1ir6

3 Likes

My iCEBERG did that a bit after I got it. I think the plastic just amplifies sound, but you could try lubing it just in case it is a lubing problem. (don’t over-lube it though)

3 Likes

Some lube may help a little, but the iceberg is one noisy beast!

5 Likes

Yes, it sounds like a dry bearing. A light lube will make it quiet though some people love’em dry.

1 Like

Yeah spit on it - don’t try going to iyoyo about it they’ll tell you that you are wrong and that they have never had any negative feedback about their yo-yos.

2 Likes

I haven’t put any lube on it yet, that’s stock from how it came, it’s alot quieter than when I first got it, I do have some thin lube, I may put a tiny drop on idk, but it’s drive me nuts

My motto is:
if you are uncertain … clean the bearing

6 Likes

Words to live by my friend

My motto is, as well:

If you’re bored…clean the bearing

4 Likes

My first iceberg was like that. Lube helped a lot. But i got a MYY Avocado that had a bearing in it that i would call too quiet. You couldn’t hear it spin unless ot was up to your ear. I put that in it and it was way better.

My second iceberg was perfectly quiet. Maybe find your most quiet bearing and switch it out.

1 Like

Cleaning won’t help if noise is the concern, cleaning will make noise worse.

Thin lube the bearing. And spin out all excess lube via compressed air!

Do note that metal ringed plastic hybrids are generally the noisiest kinds of yo-yos though, because the body acts as a speaker… pretty much literally. So it’ll never be super quiet by its nature.

4 Likes

Wait. Why did you want the bearing in your Avocado to make some noise?

1 Like

Sounds like my YYR Triad which is plastic with the weight rings.

Lol!??

No noise + polish black. I couldn’t tell how fast it was spinning. Not only that it was just weird. Like a bowl of ice cream sitting in front of a fire place. Just off. I keep my bearings lubed and quiet, but i guess i found my limit.

Yo @Chrisdoc145 the video is gone?

I love the avocado :avocado: :joy::call_me_hand:

1 Like

IDK why but I’ve been talk about it a lot lately.

??? I have no idea… It was up 10 hrs ago

Comes up as empty for me