Plastic yoyo noise

Just got my Wedge. LOVE IT. Just hate the noise is it normall for plastic yoyos to be loud. Or should i clean my bearing

3 Likes

Most make noise due to hollow areas. It’s something we learn to live with. Welcome to the forums!

1 Like

Plastics tend to be a bit louder however if it’s really bad you might want to clean it!

Do you have a Wedge is it loud?

I do and it is not silent. Brand new yoyos may have sat on a shelf for a long time before you got it and the bearing may never have been lubed at the factory. Plastics make noise and so do dry bearings. Take it away, guys and gals…

1 Like

Thanks so much. So i should just play with it loud. There is no problem with the bearing correct?

Just got a new Wedge some days ago. It was kinda loud. I wanted to clean and lube the bearing, then I read that it comes with a pre cleaned bearing. I played it for one day to let it break in, but it was still loud. I put a tiny amount of thin lube into the bearing and after a few throws it became very silent and smooth.

1 Like

I could buy lube but shipping is alot. Would sewing machine lube work?

Ahhhh the wedge :relaxed: The wedge was my first experience with just having to accept it
Was a vibey throw :sweat_smile: then it became my baseline for BAD vibe :joy::joy::joy: :joy: BUT it plays decent and has a price point that you can’t complain about :grin:

Welcome to the community my friend :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I’m happy to see a new thrower !! If you ever need a second opinion on something but don’t wanna make a topic you can shoot me a DM anytime :grin:I use a mix of comedic relief and a , pretending I know stuff approach, to most things :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I´m not sure. The sewing machine oil we have in Germany contains much Paraffin. It might be too thick and make your bearing responsive. Only thing besides Yoyojam Thin lube, I´ve used so far, was Trumpet Valve Oil. It worked quite good.

please never use anything but yoyo thin lube. your best thing you can do now is leave it like that. loud yoyos r fun

Sewing machine oil is a perfectly adequate lube and has specifically been mentioned in guides before. Just be sure to use a small amount (like a needle tip drop’s worth).

^ sewing machine oil specifically mentioned there.

Worst case scenario you use too much or it’s too thick and you have to clean the bearing again.

Does anybody else use this oil?

Too much of it will make a yoyo super responsive and soft. I usually try to use half a drop of a needle

Thinking of getting the V4M lube but not sure if its worth it